Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,385,899 times

Advertisements

Dozens of "Save the A" signs were placed in front of the house of Dr. Ricardo Azziz, Georgia Health Sciences University's president, Tuesday morning

They still going strong I admirer their passion to get the name change. What can do is make a documentary about this hold thing and air on tv in different states also they can put the documentary in different movie theaters all over Georgia and specially Virgina. If they really want to change the name they got to open peoples eye and show them then tell them what happen because peoples are different today then back in the days. They should have a facebook tweeter and youtube account trying to get viewer around the world to see what happen. That how you get something done not the local media but world media. If you keep it small then peoples start to look at this as away to promote their businesses and make then leave peoples high and dry. I know we have students or businesses owners will love to make a movie about how we got a raw deal and all the other cover that went down also. This is some Hollywood sh** that is reality.

'Save The A' signs line road in front of GHSU president's house | Mobile Augusta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Might be a chance the name will change somewhat

Gov. Nathan Deal urges compromise in GRU name controversy
“There is conversation going on, and that is good,” he told reporters Tuesday night after a speech to the CSRA Regional Commission. “Hopefully a version of the name that will be, to some extent, satisfactory will emerge.” Deal acknowledged he met last week in Atlanta with members of Save the A, a group of local business and community leaders created to campaign for replacing Georgia Regents University with University of Augusta as the name for the consolidated Augusta State and Geor* gia Health Sciences universities.

Gov. Nathan Deal urges compromise in GRU name controversy | Mobile Augusta

Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I don't understand the need to create multiple screen names just to bash any city.

Another example of the Augusta forum going downhill...

Lol good one..
And you are JUST as guilty of trolling as the person you're complaining about, by using the forum to respond to them and complain about the forum - food for thought.

Report trolls, and move on, folks. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR TIME PLEASE.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Do you honestly expect nobody to ever respond? The poster Whitman even had to respond to the comment. I agree with not giving them your time, but sometimes it's easier said than done.

You guys can still do a much better job at moderating the forums outside of Atlanta. I'm not the only person to mention this before on the site.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM

The Inside Story: Azziz declares it 'within university's power' to include Augusta in 'New U' branding

Absolutely," Azziz replied. "That is something that we have stressed to those who would listen. We as a university remain flexible and really open to discussion involving things like branding and logo; in other words,the official logo of the university ... the official way we are going to brand ourselves. What people don't realize is we have not created the official logo and the official brand of the university."

Sources have told News 12 that state and local school leaders have been working on branding and naming for Augusta's "New U" in the past week. Some of the suggested branding mentioned in private conversation included Georgia Regents University at Augusta or Georgia Regents University in Augusta.
WRDW - HomePage - Headlines

Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
my bad guys....back on topic. I am glad to see that a compromise might be in the works

Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 PM

It look like augusta will get a fair shake after all. I know tckr83 should be happy now since he didn't give on the name change or putting augusta in the name

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times
No, not really happy... any other name and I'd be happy, it doesn't have to have Augusta in it for me either. However, Georgia Regents is still a ridiculously stupid name and should be found nowhere on the University's campus or stationary. Anyway, Azziz is lying in that interview, he like anyone else with two eyes can see the writing on the wall now that the Governor has said he'd like to see a compromise. Still says a lot about the guy (Azziz) when he can't admit he was wrong, it's a missed opportunity with the community.

Moving on is what's best for the city, but outside of the Masters, this university and it's associated hospital will be the best thing going on in the city... there's a lot in a name and Georgia Regents University in Augusta or at Augusta (GRUA) is just silly.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times
Georgia Regents University Augusta... what will the Athens campus be called? Georgia Regents University Athens? What if a campus is started in Savannah? Atlanta? Georgia Regents University (insert city name here) This is no compromise and definitely not a win for the city of Augusta...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
You see, I told you all to just leave it alone. You all wanted the name Augusta in the university now look what we may get.... GRU of Augusta! Lol it keeps getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area