Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,101 times

Advertisements

Well you have met one who does not shop outside of a 5 miles radius from my home which is Evans NOT Augusta. When do head more then 5 miles I head in the exact opposite direction of Agusta and head to Towne center which is West Evans . The library, walmart, pizza joint a few times.The farthest I venture is perhaps the very edged of West Augusta. I dont shop in big box stores. I don't endorse them. Simple. I dont eat out..its a waste of my cash..i can cook just fine. I stick 90% of the time in a 6 mile radius and not much farther. Besides the ADA transit does not go in augusta/richmond county/or west augusta.

West Augusta is heaven for many....... I find tract housing and big box stores impersonal and not my thing. it doesn't interest me so there no real reason for me to venture to them.

However this wasn't if i shop in or around west augusta..most do for the exact reasons why I will not.

I stated if they want groceries past the one in Towne Cener they will need to hit Evans or Martinez( because those are the 2 nearest points of areas where there is business.If they want a resturant past the handful in that same area the will need to come to Evans or Martnez to find the NEAREST resturants in order to do so.

One does not need to be in West Augusta if they do not wish to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM

124 posts, read 241,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
Well you have met one who does not shop outside of a 5 miles radius from my home which is Evans NOT Augusta. When do head more then 5 miles I head in the exact opposite direction of Agusta and head to Towne center which is West Evans . The library, walmart, pizza joint a few times.The farthest I venture is perhaps the very edged of West Augusta. I dont shop in big box stores. I don't endorse them. Simple. I dont eat out..its a waste of my cash..i can cook just fine. I stick 90% of the time in a 6 mile radius and not much farther. Besides the ADA transit does not go in augusta/richmond county/or west augusta.

West Augusta is heaven for many....... I find tract housing and big box stores impersonal and not my thing. it doesn't interest me so there no real reason for me to venture to them.

However this wasn't if i shop in or around west augusta..most do for the exact reasons why I will not.

I stated if they want groceries past the one in Towne Cener they will need to hit Evans or Martinez( because those are the 2 nearest points of areas where there is business.If they want a resturant past the handful in that same area the will need to come to Evans or Martnez to find the NEAREST resturants in order to do so.

Complete contradiction...

Just giving you a hard time though

Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM

27 posts, read 80,130 times
I see some homes have basements, neat! Here in VA we don't have them because of the coastline, Can someone tell me how to find out the heating/cooling for the 3,200-4,000 square foot housing range we are considering. Especially if a basement is taken into consideration.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 AM

77 posts, read 157,875 times
I think the schools at Greenbrier are fine; I've heard that within a few years, the Greenbrier schools will only be for residents of Riverwood Plantation and maybe Windmill plantation. That's why you see they are clearcutting land off William Few Parkway for a new elementary school plus there is currently 2-3 new elementary schools being built. Evans is rapidly growing as well as Grovetown. The Towncenter has a wonderful Publix and slowly getting more eateries; not much to write home about, but there is a Mcdonald's, Subway, Mi Ranchos, and soon a brick oven pizzeria; also a liquor store, dry cleaners, yogurt shop, nail salon, and Walgreens; the center of Evans might be around Ronald Reagan Dr. but the growth is moving toward where Riverwood Plantation and William Few Parkway.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 PM

730 posts, read 1,402,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by footdock View Post
I think the schools at Greenbrier are fine; I've heard that within a few years, the Greenbrier schools will only be for residents of Riverwood Plantation and maybe Windmill plantation. That's why you see they are clearcutting land off William Few Parkway for a new elementary school plus there is currently 2-3 new elementary schools being built. Evans is rapidly growing as well as Grovetown. The Towncenter has a wonderful Publix and slowly getting more eateries; not much to write home about, but there is a Mcdonald's, Subway, Mi Ranchos, and soon a brick oven pizzeria; also a liquor store, dry cleaners, yogurt shop, nail salon, and Walgreens; the center of Evans might be around Ronald Reagan Dr. but the growth is moving toward where Riverwood Plantation and William Few Parkway.
Whaat? Don't tell that to those people in Knob Hill! I know they fought tooth and nail when they built Grovetown High to stay in a Greenbrier zone because the original attendance plan had them going to Grovetown.

I've seen the land for the new elementary on William Few when we visited family for Christmas. I also asked them about what was being built beside Grovetown HS. They said it was the new Columbia MS. Columbia County is going to sell the old one. What I can't figure out is you're saying all these elementary schools are opening, yet I know they will close Bel-Air ES for good in 2-3 years. The new Martinez ES is just a new building, its not a new school altogether. There's growth no doubt, but I haven't seen where Columbia County is adding schools, it seems they're just building newer buildings for existing schools.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:12 PM

16 posts, read 20,945 times
i live in sandersville ga looking to move to augusta aka columbia county want to place kids in an excellent school .without all the bullying and fighting. they are 12 and 15 . also want them to participate in activities in and out of school so desperately in need of an outter social activity and curriculum. also want a great neighborhood we want to rent first no more than a 1000 a month then once established we can consider buying. would love to be near shopping and several eateriers safe neighborhoods. churches and lots to do can someone please assist me

Old 09-29-2014, 09:06 AM

87 posts, read 137,969 times
I just want to put in my opinion. We moved here a year ago in July 2013. My daughter went to Columbia Middle last year and this year both my teens are in Grovetown High. So far, I love the schools! They love the schools. It's a win-win. I have no problems with the schools. The buses ARE overcrowded though and my daughter told me their high school is getting 400 more students by this December so that is a problem. The schools are already crowded so I'm not sure what they are going to do about that. She says they are like sardines in the hallway when they change classes. One hallway is a one-way only hallway due to so many people walking through it. If you miss your classroom for some reason, you have to walk all the way back around and start over. Other than that, we are happy with Grovetown High. But we came from a high school in Michigan that was turning ghetto because they were bringing in students from a town that had closed all of its schools. Basicly… school is crowded but our kids grades are much better now. That is what matters to me.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 AM

16 posts, read 20,945 times
Thank u soooo much That helped A Lot

Old 01-15-2015, 11:59 AM

199 posts, read 365,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post

Nortonguy, let it go. You can't force anybody to like Richmond County any more than you can make it rain. Some people like to live one way, some of us don't.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:01 PM

5 posts, read 10,733 times
What did you find out about the schools? My family is moving to Evans area and I have a middle schooler and high schooler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area