Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:43 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803Swimmer View Post
Sure, you'll get singles, 'young professionals' (never understood what exactly that meant)
It basically refers to young, college-educated, white-collar workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
I thought the poster Magician lived in North Augusta, but anyway in relation to South Augusta. Many of those people who lived in the demolished housing projects. They now live in other housing projects around the county. Their are zero housing projects located in South Augusta. All of those people won't be able to remain in Richmond County either.

South Augusta is attracting just as much compared to any other especially if you include job announcements. The $172 million Starbucks and $115 million Rockwood plants in terms of jobs.. West Augusta, Aiken, and Evans are the only areas really attracting a lot more commercial projects.. The Hampton Inn hotel, remodeling of the Walmart on Deans Bridge rd, Walgreens/3 acre development, Five Guys, etc..

Five Guys choosing South Augusta for the fourth location shows the progress. They opened in West Augusta, Aiken, and then Evans last.. Target, Chick Fil A, etc is coming to the area sooner or later.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I thought the poster Magician lived in North Augusta, but anyway in relation to South Augusta. Many of those people who lived in the demolished housing projects. They now live in other housing projects around the county. Their are zero housing projects located in South Augusta. All of those people won't be able to remain in Richmond County either.

South Augusta is attracting just as much compared to any other especially if you include job announcements. The $172 million Starbucks and $115 million Rockwood plants in terms of jobs.. West Augusta, Aiken, and Evans are the only areas really attracting a lot more commercial projects.. The Hampton Inn hotel, remodeling of the Walmart on Deans Bridge rd, Walgreens/3 acre development, Five Guys, etc..

Five Guys choosing South Augusta for the fourth location shows the progress. They opened in West Augusta, Aiken, and then Evans last.. Target, Chick Fil A, etc is coming to the area sooner or later.
Why, because I think Project Jackson has a chance? Speaking of the ballpark, there's no doubt in my mind that the powers that be made sure it didn't happen downtown.MCG considers golf hall property for biotech park | The Augusta Chronicle.. here's one of my favorite comments.

MORE 7789 POINTS
View Profile

countyman 01/07/11 - 06:00 pm

MCG needs to focus on the

MCG needs to focus on the land around the Medical District... The Richmond County master plan is targeting the whole corridor.. Plus the state goverment will pay for the 15th street widening and streetscape improvements.. There's Sunset and several older shotgun homes waiting to be demolished... Shouldn't the biotech park be located near the Medical District??
Let's leave the hall of fame property to the big time developers Jim Jacoby and Cal Ripken Jr... The streetcar system downtown would be a greater success with the baseball stadium attached to hotels, retail, restaurants, green space, and residential......

I totally agree nort. Isn't the city demolishing Sunset? There was no need to give the land to GRU. It's not like they have the finances to do anything with it anyway. That land should have gone to auction. Seeing as how everything played out, sometimes I think Atlanta is no friend of Augusta.

South Augusta is attracting just as much compared to any other especially if you include job announcements. That sir, is a half-truth. Jobs, yes. Retail/Restaurants, no. Might I need to remind you that I live on the Southside? Golden Corral closed, Hibachi place is always empty and so is Philly Cheese Steak Factory, Kong Wah sits empty, what's left of the Blockbuster strip is pretty empty, etc. The only places of note to eat at on this side is Veracruz, Zaxby's, Applebee's, and Jackie M's. Sad to say, but you might as well include Ryan's. When it comes to retail, there is none to note. Atleast North Augusta has a Belk. There are something's that could have changed the fortunes of South Augusta like Goodwill's Helm College project that also included a conference center and restaurant. The only part of town that South Augusta is doing better than is East Augusta(the bottom).

Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
I think you live in North Augusta, because you said so on the Chronicle... You also over exaggerate in a negative way a lot of times in relation to Augusta.

This should be real easy then.. Please name of all these supposedly new retail/restaurants opening up in North Augusta, Grovetown, Martinez, Graniteville, etc?

What new hotels are under construction/planned outside of downtown, Aiken, and West Augusta? The answer is one multimillion hotel on Gordon Highway in South Augusta.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM

124 posts, read 241,866 times
Why does it matter if a poster lives in North Augusta or Columbia County? What? If we don't live in ARC, we can't talk about ARC? We know just as much about Augusta as you do, and have just as much a right to discuss it as you do. Stop always bringing up where we live, it's not relevant. Just because we live outside of ARC, doesn't mean we have anything against it.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,415 times
Lol I live in Atlantgusta and I'm always on here lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area