Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times

Advertisements

The Walmart shopping center in North Augusta(exit 5/I-20) begins this year, and the development is apart of a larger PUD too. The entire development is 227 acres, and the entire residential portion can't just include multifamily. The multifamily or commercial properties in both PUD's might face the interstate, and not the single family homes. The developments in North Augusta/Grovetown will take years to complete anyway considering their size.

A Lowes shopping center opening in Grovetown would seem more plausible considering the number of locations compared to Home Depot. A Home Depot center would be huge for Grovetown, because Martinez, North Augusta, or South Augusta doesn't have one. All three of them have their own Lowe's, but zero Home Depot locations.

The PUD for Grovetown is supposed to include 80 acres of residential and commercial.. I'm hearing 30 acres is zoned for commercial lots, and the rest for multifamily/single family subdivision..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The Walmart shopping center in North Augusta(exit 5/I-20) begins this year, and the development is apart of a larger PUD too. The entire development is 227 acres, and the entire residential portion can't just include multifamily. The multifamily or commercial properties in both PUD's might face the interstate, and not the single family homes. The developments in North Augusta/Grovetown will take years to complete anyway considering their size.

A Lowes shopping center opening in Grovetown would seem more plausible considering the number of locations compared to Home Depot. A Home Depot center would be huge for Grovetown, because Martinez, North Augusta, or South Augusta doesn't have one. All three of them have their own Lowe's, but zero Home Depot locations.

The PUD for Grovetown is supposed to include 80 acres of residential and commercial.. I'm hearing 30 acres is zoned for commercial lots, and the rest for multifamily/single family subdivision..
I thought that was a HD on Bobby/I520 next to Rooms to Go. Still amazing that nothing has been announced for South Augusta. It appears that area is destined to become a bedroom community. Developers are going to fully build out Evans, Martinez, Grovetown, West Augusta, Aiken, North Augusta, and even Downtown Augusta. The same can be said for Harlem and Appling. They're destined to become bedroom communities.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I thought that was a HD on Bobby/I520 next to Rooms to Go. Still amazing that nothing has been announced for South Augusta. It appears that area is destined to become a bedroom community. Developers are going to fully build out Evans, Martinez, Grovetown, West Augusta, Aiken, North Augusta, and even Downtown Augusta. The same can be said for Harlem and Appling. They're destined to become bedroom communities.
The Home Depot and Rooms to Go on I-520/Bobby Jones is located in West Augusta, and not Martinez.... I don't think it's fair to the give the amenities in West Augusta over to Martinez especially if you're trying to call out certain areas.

The Walmart renovation, Hampton Inn hotel, and the Walgreens/3 acre development is underway in South Augusta. Five Guys is coming to the Colony Plaza, and I expect the next Target to open in South Augusta.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:00 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,162,733 times
Apartments, retail planned by Gateway near Grovetown

Apartments, retail planned by Gateway near Grovetown | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 08-02-2013, 11:41 PM

220 posts, read 217,715 times
Part of the subdivision already exist it is called Mill Branch the area currently being developed is the commercial portion of the community which was a reason I didn't buy in that subdivision.

Last edited by Eastclevelandguy; 08-02-2013 at 11:57 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 AM

51 posts, read 226,558 times
My wife and I looked in there too, but settled on somewhere else. There was one house we visited that had a beautiful lot. It basically backed up to a ravine, and then you could see a meadow in the distance. Unfortunately, that ravine and meadow have been, or probably will be developed. That's one of the things that sucks about about being in a high growth area - unless it's officially designated as greenspace, it will likely be developed.

Not to stray, but has anyone noticed the development under construction in front of Bartraim Trail? It's such an eye sore IMO. Can't believe it's being laid out that way. It looks like the houses will be completely visible from Columbia Road -no buffer area of trees.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM

220 posts, read 217,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoeCraw View Post
My wife and I looked in there too, but settled on somewhere else. There was one house we visited that had a beautiful lot. It basically backed up to a ravine, and then you could see a meadow in the distance. Unfortunately, that ravine and meadow have been, or probably will be developed. That's one of the things that sucks about about being in a high growth area - unless it's officially designated as greenspace, it will likely be developed.

Not to stray, but has anyone noticed the development under construction in front of Bartraim Trail? It's such an eye sore IMO. Can't believe it's being laid out that way. It looks like the houses will be completely visible from Columbia Road -no buffer area of trees.

Is that a residential development? I didn't think it was simply because of the lack of a buffer. I would prefer to see a fast food restaurant of some sort pop up right there.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastclevelandguy View Post
I would prefer to see a fast food restaurant of some sort pop up right there.
Seriously? That's the worst thing that could pop up there IMO. Across the street maybe, but not on the same side.

That's what I like about the area now. No gas stations, no fast food places, no convenience stores - seems like bad areas have an abundance of these types of places.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:40 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoeCraw View Post
Seriously? That's the worst thing that could pop up there IMO. Across the street maybe, but not on the same side.

That's what I like about the area now. No gas stations, no fast food places, no convenience stores - seems like bad areas have an abundance of these types of places.
Not really. Businesses are going to locate where the money is. Washington Rd. from Richmond County to Columbia County is full of restaurants and gas stations and those areas aren't crime ridden.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Not really. Businesses are going to locate where the money is. Washington Rd. from Richmond County to Columbia County is full of restaurants and gas stations and those areas aren't crime ridden.
There are no houses on Washington Rd. except at the extreme ends of it.

Just compare the amount of gas stations/fast food places in an affluent area like the area around West Lake for example with that of a poorer area. There are usually more gas stations/convenience stores/fast food places (zaxbys & chick-fil-a excluded) in poorer/high crime areas.

All that aside, I just don't want to be near a lot of development, unless it's homes. I like living near other, similar houses. I don't mind having to drive a few miles to get gas, or drive 5-10 miles to eat at a nice restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area