Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM

322 posts, read 586,187 times

Advertisements

My child goes to a Richmond county magnet school. It is one of the top schools in Georgia and all of the students are very bright,but have you ever experienced a time with the teacher isn't a very good one or simply doesn't teach,specifically in math. I went to a conference with the teacher to talk about my child's grades and she told me that mine was not the only one failing. She even told me that about 80% of the grade was on probation(at risk of being kicked out). She also told me that she has had this same problem every year with student. If this is the case, I would like to know why the principle has not done anything to try to correct this issue that has been going on for so many years. What should I do to help my child pass this teachers class. She have gone to after school tutoring with high schoolers at the school. She understands it from them, but when the teacher give the tests out, she tells them that they have to do it in a specific way that she "taught" it to them. Does anyone have any tips or advice on what I should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 06:31 AM

250 posts, read 580,377 times
Ask to sit in your childs class for a day, few days or a week. You will get a feel as to whats going on.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
What I will do is teach them both ways. If u can't teach them yourself let his or her tutorial show your child the way the teacher like it and the way he or she understand. You also can try talking to parent who child past the class last to find out what they did to pass the class. Another thing you can try is youtube video or google it.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM

51 posts, read 226,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
Ask to sit in your childs class for a day, few days or a week.
Yes, that's a good idea. OP should also sit in on a language arts class while she's at it. Wouldn't hurt for amlovingit to do the same. No offense, but it's painful to read some of the posts here.

Back on topic, report the teacher and/or bring it up to an administrator. If the teacher is really failing 80% of the grade then she probably isn't a good "teacher".

If you can't sit in on the class, I'm sure the school system could appoint someone to do it, which they should already be doing to some extent anyway.

There's always private school if it doesn't work out. I feel parents have more leverage at a private school than in the public school system.

By the way, I'm sure the local news stations would love to hear about a teacher failing 80% of the grade.

Last edited by LoeCraw; 10-18-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area