Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM

998 posts, read 1,542,234 times

Advertisements

That is pennies compared to how much it cost to re-do Bobby Jones/I-20, I don't think that is for a re-do of the interchange… maybe adding a lane here or there, but what I'm talking about would involve GDOT funds and not local SPLOST funds. One would address the problem, the other one would be a short term fix, if that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,031,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Well the size of the store looks bigger than a lot of the other stores so it's possible. I don't know what types of markets Niketown like to open up stores in.

The fact that some of these stores are even entertaining the idea of opening up second locations says a lot about our area. A lot of these stores don't even have locations in GA outside of Atlanta and Augusta but are considering opening up second locations. Its possible that some will relocate but being that several have just built their locations in the past few years, I doubt that they will close them.

And while I don't buy their clothes I do hope Abercrombie returns as I did buy their cologne.
Keep in mind the outlet stores will sell different items compared to the mall locations(Michael Kors, GAP, H&M, Express, Coach, Pandora, Ann Taylor, etc)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
That is pennies compared to how much it cost to re-do Bobby Jones/I-20, I don't think that is for a re-do of the interchange… maybe adding a lane here or there, but what I'm talking about would involve GDOT funds and not local SPLOST funds. One would address the problem, the other one would be a short term fix, if that.
A few of the projects included in the T-Splost(15th street widening, Riverwatch Pkwy extension, Wrightsboro road widening, etc)were originally GDOT items, but I get your overall point..

I might be wrong, but I think the $2 million project is specifically for the interchange.. They don't have any major plans to fix the interchange, the plans are similar to $2-$3 million band aid coming to help alleviate the traffic at Wrightsboro/I-520 interchange..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:51 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,460 posts, read 3,158,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Keep in mind the outlet stores will sell different items compared to the mall locations(Michael Kors, GAP, H&M, Express, Coach, Pandora, Ann Taylor, etc)..

A few of the projects included in the T-Splost(15th street widening, Riverwatch Pkwy extension, Wrightsboro road widening, etc)were originally GDOT items, but I get your overall point..

I might be wrong, but I think the $2 million project is specifically for the interchange.. They don't have any major plans to fix the interchange, the plans are similar to $2-$3 million band aid coming to help alleviate the traffic at Wrightsboro/I-520 interchange..
I actually considered that some of these would be the outlet version. (I could be wrong but I don't think all will be. I was at Commerce's outlet and they had a couple of stores that appeared to be full stores instead of outlets.) But I still think that it's impressive even if the second locations are outlet versions.

About Riverwatch, the one good thing is that at least by the mall it's 6 lanes instead of 4 lanes like Wrightsboro Rd by the Augusta Mall. The only issue is a lot of CC residents use that to go to work and back so rush hour may be hectic although malls aren't usually as busy on the weekdays.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:17 PM

937 posts, read 1,793,292 times
Great news for Augusta!

Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,460 posts, read 3,158,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
What I want to know is… and I said this a few years ago… Are there any plans to re-do the Riverwatch/I-20 interchange? Because traffic is going to royally b.l.o.w. after this is built, I may have to adjust my route home from work for a while.

And is that an extra access road on the map coming into/out of the VAR between the L.A. Fitness tract and tract OP. 1? I hope that is a hint at a future fix of what I was mentioning above.

I believe that access road you are referring to leads to one of those Georgia Power fenced in electrical thingies (don't know what they're called.) I went down that street when leaving Costco's one day.

Last edited by PJA; 01-25-2014 at 05:28 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 07:16 PM

998 posts, read 1,542,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I believe that access road you are referring to leads to one of those Georgia Power fenced in electrical thingies (don't know what they're called.) I went down that street when leaving Costco's one day.
That's what it is… forgot about the substation they have up there. Good call.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:10 PM

I went to the Costco today, and the tiny roads inside of the Village at Riverwatch will become a nightmare. This should become the main concern instead of Riverwatch Parkway..

https://www.google.com/maps/preview/...49Bb_Q6_kg!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/preview/...fPWKH-r_ug!2e0

The number of lanes outside of the development along Riverwatch can easily handle the amount of cars..
https://www.google.com/maps/preview/...H4yof3jvyw!2e0

Can you imagine the backups along Cabelas Drive during Masters Week?

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-26-2014 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-26-2014, 03:13 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,479,030 times
Trina Turk, Elie Tahari, and Theory?

Well damn. Not too shabby at all.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:39 PM

614 posts, read 1,096,040 times
Something doesn't make sense. The apartment complex that pulled out could've been scaled down. I think they would have easily attracted more tenants then the competitipn.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM

Pulled out or forced to leave?

The scaled down version would still require over 10 acres.. The property(20-30 acres) is now being rezoned from multi family to general business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area