U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:08 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,137,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
WJBF is reporting that a Wendy's is also coming to Exit 5
One line from their story said they "have learned" that one is coming. However, that is not confirmed by city officials. I speak from personal observation that several employees at businesses there have heard rumors of Wendy's and are telling customers this, but no confirmation has been made by the city.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 06:21 AM

20,805 posts, read 23,022,283 times
Quote:
There's already a Food Lion and a Walmart, I don't see a need for another grocery store
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Not unless it's Food Lion closing and reopening as another brand. I don't see a growing need for another there. A Kroger Marketplace would be extremely redundant with Walmart next door in that particular area, as the dense residential pretty much fizzles out not far past the exit for now.
Dense residential infill should be occurring over several years. Additional residences with income should be able to support additional supermarkets, hypermarkets, or specific grocery retailers.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 54,282 times
The story said that todd Glover had confirmed

Old 01-25-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The story said that todd Glover had confirmed
Where? If you're referring to this story, Glover isn't in it. Business booming near Exit 5 in North Augusta | WJBF-TV

Old 01-25-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Where? If you're referring to this story, Glover isn't in it. Business booming near Exit 5 in North Augusta | WJBF-TV
That was the 6 pm version. The one they ran at 5 said that Todd Glover had confirmed it.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Dense residential infill should be occurring over several years. Additional residences with income should be able to support additional supermarkets, hypermarkets, or specific grocery retailers.

The Food Lion there is never busy. I live very close to it and I only shop there if I need one or two things. Otherwise I go to Kroger and I feel like most people are the same way

Old 01-26-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
That was the 6 pm version. The one they ran at 5 said that Todd Glover had confirmed it.
I would question the validity of that if they removed it from the 6pm story. I have city sources who told me only a DQ is confirmed when I mentioned both a Wendy's and DQ being rumored by employees in the shopping center. I don't doubt the news said it, but I doubt how true it is at this point in time.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,120,432 times
Not Exit 5, but a Diablo's is coming to North Augusta...
Diablo's Southwest Grill coming to North Augusta

Old 01-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Yea, they announced the diablos a while ago. The building is almost done being constructed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area