Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 05:27 PM

65 posts, read 68,688 times

Advertisements

Yea, between them. I noticed it for the first time a few days ago. There are a few machines parked at the back of the lot and the dirt is pushed up all around the edges. A few stakes in the ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 04:42 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,411,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
Yea, between them. I noticed it for the first time a few days ago. There are a few machines parked at the back of the lot and the dirt is pushed up all around the edges. A few stakes in the ground
A source with the city confirms that it's a new Dairy Queen Grill n Chill location. If you recall, several locations were announced for the CSRA not too long ago, just not their exact addresses.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 PM

More fast food... We had a dairy Queen at exit 5 before and it closed. Now we get another, hard to be too excited about that

Old 01-13-2017, 10:04 PM

11 posts, read 15,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
A source with the city confirms that it's a new Dairy Queen Grill n Chill location. If you recall, several locations were announced for the CSRA not too long ago, just not their exact addresses.
I can confirm that a New Dairy Queen Grill & Chill is Open in Grovetown. In fact, it's been open for about a month or two. It's located in front of the New Kroger, at the intersection of Lewiston Road, Bluegrass Trail, and Autumn Trail. (The Intersection mentioned is going to get a Traffic Light as well)

Glad to hear Exit 5 will get one as well. My Guess right now is they're trying to build up that area potentially as another major Exit for the Augusta/N. Augusta Area. Not to mention, with the Scuttle's Island plans completely Dead in the Weather, They want to make some use out of the open land there.

I would not be surprised if they start building Hotels in that area. The only hotel there, at this point, is the Sleep Inn and Suites at the corner of US 25/SC 121 and Ascauga Lake Road.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:45 AM

They have a holiday inn Express nearly complete. And none of this is going on the land that scuttles island was supposed to go on

Old 01-15-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
More fast food... We had a dairy Queen at exit 5 before and it closed. Now we get another, hard to be too excited about that
There was a Dairy Queen in a gas station. Not exactly the same thing. It didn't close for lack of business. And it also closed before any of this new development was anything more than an open field. I wouldn't be excited if another location of something NA already has was going there, but the fact that it's something new that they don't yet have is a pretty good deal to me. That and the closest one for anybody in Aiken County is all the way over at Fury's Ferry and Washington Rd.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:09 PM

WJBF is reporting that a Wendy's is also coming to Exit 5

Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Does anyone see another supermarket (i.e. Kroger Marketplace, Publix) coming to Edgefield Road?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:51 PM

There's already a Food Lion and a Walmart, I don't see a need for another grocery store

Old 01-25-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Does anyone see another supermarket (i.e. Kroger Marketplace, Publix) coming to Edgefield Road?
Not unless it's Food Lion closing and reopening as another brand. I don't see a growing need for another there. A Kroger Marketplace would be extremely redundant with Walmart next door in that particular area, as the dense residential pretty much fizzles out not far past the exit for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area