Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 04:25 PM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,165,484 times

Advertisements

I think that the commissioners really need to think about dedicating significant amount of the Splost package for beautification because it sure doesn't seem like the Garden City in a lot of places. North Augusta and Aiken both do a much better job overall. Every road that has medians should have trees or plants lining them like Wheeler Rd and a small portion of Windsor Spring Road does. It seems they are doing a better job of including these things when upgrading roads for example Alexander Dr. They also need to do a better job about keeping the grass along the roads cut. The biggest areas for improvement being parts of downtown, East Augusta and the South Augusta portion inside of the 520 loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 04:53 PM

568 posts, read 696,169 times
PJA.. aren't the previous SPLOST dollars earmaked already?

Old 06-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
PJA.. aren't the previous SPLOST dollars earmaked already?
Yes they are but another splost package is supposed to be put together for us to vote on next year since the one they came up with this year didn't pass.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:58 PM

568 posts, read 696,169 times
Understood... I was wondering if funds from a previous SPLOST could be diverted from project to project, and I did not believe they could.

Maybe TPTB will package the new SPLOST in a more palatible manner for the voters.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
Understood... I was wondering if funds from a previous SPLOST could be diverted from project to project, and I did not believe they could.

Maybe TPTB will package the new SPLOST in a more palatible manner for the voters.

I sure hope so! I think a Water Park similar to Statesboro would be good as well seeing as its actually a money maker for them and not a liability....plus I know a lot of people with children who stated they wanted a water park here.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 PM

119 posts, read 203,832 times
The city should step up and do something about the appearance of roads in the city especially South Augusta even if its something as simple as a street sweeper to clear the gutters and centermedians along roads of dirt and debris. Residents and land owners along these corridors should also do their part to keep the roads clean.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,405,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I sure hope so! I think a Water Park similar to Statesboro would be good as well seeing as its actually a money maker for them and not a liability....plus I know a lot of people with children who stated they wanted a water park here.
A Water Park as part of the SPLOST package??? I don't see that ever getting approved by voters based on what they've already voted down in the past. Too many curmudgeons either with no kids or old enough that they don't want anything to do with paying for something like that. How is it not a liability for the county parks and rec department? I'm sure they have to keep a multi million dollar insurance policy on that place. The whole reason Krystal River Water Park shut down in Columbia County was due to increases in insurance rates. I'd want nothing more for our area recreation options than to have a water park, but I honestly don't see that happening with a SPLOST package, and it would probably be pretty low on the ARC priority list.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
A Water Park as part of the SPLOST package??? I don't see that ever getting approved by voters based on what they've already voted down in the past. Too many curmudgeons either with no kids or old enough that they don't want anything to do with paying for something like that. How is it not a liability for the county parks and rec department? I'm sure they have to keep a multi million dollar insurance policy on that place. The whole reason Krystal River Water Park shut down in Columbia County was due to increases in insurance rates. I'd want nothing more for our area recreation options than to have a water park, but I honestly don't see that happening with a SPLOST package, and it would probably be pretty low on the ARC priority list.

I dont' know...it seems to have a lot of interest. Besides if Statesboro can make it work then surely ARC can. A lot of younger people and people with kids will definitely be interested I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: