Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 17,584 times

Advertisements

Hello,

we are pretty new here and we already got some questions
Me and my husband are moving from Germany to Georgia (Hephzibah) next year. It would be very nice if any locals could tell us a little more about the region, the people and the things you can do.

We are a mixed couple (Black-White) are we going to have trouble with that? You know in some areas you can not go as a white girl without your black husband. I just heard about it (I'm german) so I don't really know about it that much.
Would be nice if you could tell me more about the changes I might have to go through

Thanks for your support

The Battles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 17,584 times
Hmm nobody here that can help us

Hope we will get some answers thank you

Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 PM

3 posts, read 16,230 times
I live in Augusta proper and see bi-racial couples all of the time- no big deal. Although I don't really know much about Hepzibah specifically, I would go to the Columbia County website to take a look at the number of sex offenders living there. If my memory serves me correctly, its either Hepzibah or Grovetown that has a large number of them living there.

On the other hand, Augusta is very closed minded about EVERYTHING. Its a very small minded town with no hopes of change. There is a large military community that seems to support itself fairly well, if y'all are military.

Best of luck to you!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:23 AM

4 posts, read 46,375 times
Talking Hephzibah, GA is the place to be

I bought my house in Hephzibah, GA in 2005. I retired from the military and I wanted to find a place that was reasonable and quiet. Just a little information about Hephzibah; it's located south of Augusta, GA. It's part of Richmond County. Augusta has many issues, too many to count. The BOE, Commissioner, and etc... of course racism is a small part of the problems, but it's not enough to deter a family from coming to Hephzibah, GA. Hephzibah is it's own little town. We have our own post office, police department, fire department, city hall, elementary school, middle school and high school. These schools are rated higher than the schools in Augusta. Hephzibah is considered a military retirement community. So you won't have any problems in this town. We would love to have you. Good Luck!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:29 AM

Yes, I agree that Augusta does have it's problems, but it's not Hephzibah.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 AM

2 posts, read 12,088 times
Question Sex offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze166 View Post
I bought my house in Hephzibah, GA in 2005. I retired from the military and I wanted to find a place that was reasonable and quiet. Just a little information about Hephzibah; it's located south of Augusta, GA. It's part of Richmond County. Augusta has many issues, too many to count. The BOE, Commissioner, and etc... of course racism is a small part of the problems, but it's not enough to deter a family from coming to Hephzibah, GA. Hephzibah is it's own little town. We have our own post office, police department, fire department, city hall, elementary school, middle school and high school. These schools are rated higher than the schools in Augusta. Hephzibah is considered a military retirement community. So you won't have any problems in this town. We would love to have you. Good Luck!!!
It has been mentioned that perhaps Hephzibah or another small town has a high percentage of sex offenders. As you live there, I'll ask you, are there a lot of sex offenders locally? My husband and I are thinking of moving up there.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Augusta does have a high percentage of sex offenders, not Hephzibah. The addresses of the Hephzibah sex offenders are around Tobacco Road, which borders Augusta. Not the town limit of Hepzibah.

Thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 AM

3 posts, read 49,144 times
yes south augusta is a nice place to live you dont have to worry about any racial issues,or grovetown could be alright

Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 24,821 times
Red face moving from hephzibah

Augusta is the main city, with Hephzibah, Martinez and Evans all within 15-30 minutes. This area is very divided by race. I do not know your race but you will face racism either way. The locals have not changed with the times. I will moving to a more cosmopolitan area this summer to finish school. You will see mixed race marriages here but the ones I have met endure so much. A church is on almost every street in the city but don't let fool you into thinking the people live a christian life. Church is more of a social club. I would not move my family here. My family was appalled at what they saw each time upon coming to visit.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:00 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
I've lived here all my life and have only encountered one case of racism towards me and I just ignored it. I think pretty much anywhere you go you have a chance of experiencing racism even up north so I've been told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area