Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:43 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Make sure you include all the jobs that were added and subtracted then it would be factual.
Do you not see the irony in all this? Am I the only one who understands the point Pu is making? Someone shouts from the rooftops about growth and picks up his pompoms to cheer with the rest of you, but glances over the hundreds of jobs that were lost in the same timeframe. Yet Pu does the exact inverse of that and you don't see why?

Attracting new companies and jobs is awesome for the CSRA, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things if you can't sustain the ones you've got in order to maintain an overall positive trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 09:05 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
See we can agree on something....
Frightening Isn't it!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:09 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Do you not see the irony in all this? Am I the only one who understands the point Pu is making? Someone shouts from the rooftops about growth and picks up his pompoms to cheer with the rest of you, but glances over the hundreds of jobs that were lost in the same timeframe. Yet Pu does the exact inverse of that and you don't see why?

Attracting new companies and jobs is awesome for the CSRA, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things if you can't sustain the ones you've got in order to maintain an overall positive trend.
There were already posts made about the jobs that were lost just like there are posts made about the ones that are gained, no one is glossing over any thing. The fact of the matter is he isn't being completely factual. And I believe he was specifically talking about Augusta as he mentioned Medac which didn't leave the CSRA.

Last edited by PJA; 02-17-2015 at 09:57 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 05:04 AM

568 posts, read 698,627 times
Quote:
There were already posts made about the jobs that were lost just like there are posts made about the ones that are gained, no one is glossing over any thing. The fact of the matter is he isn't being completely factual. And I believe he was specifically talking about Augusta as he mentioned Medac which didn't leave the CSRA.
Why just police my posts? Why not the same scrutiny of the Pollyannas? So are the other posters being factual when they sing to the trees about 700 jobs.... but fail to mention this is spread over 5 years.

What of the 200 jobs Rural Sourcing that were recently touted by the cheerleader? Have they materialized?

What of the big annoucement of BARD/ABS and 200 jobs... did the project ever get out of the planning stage?

I think I'll stick with my view of factual, rather than the propaganda of an Economic Development Authority, DDA, or CVB.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 AM
PJA

Quote:
Why just police my posts? Why not the same scrutiny of the Pollyannas? So are the other posters being factual when they sing to the trees about 700 jobs.... but fail to mention this is spread over 5 years.

What of the 200 jobs Rural Sourcing that were recently touted by the cheerleader? Have they materialized?

What of the big annoucement of BARD/ABS and 200 jobs... did the project ever get out of the planning stage?

I think I'll stick with my view of factual, rather than the propaganda of an Economic Development Authority, DDA, or CVB.
And the Tomfoolery continues.

"Great News! 700 jobs over the the next few years will be great for that area. As more IT companies move into the area, hopefully they will locate in your downtown. Extra foot traffic will attract more restaurants/retail and more residents, which will equal a thriving downtown. Like Airforceguy said, I would love to see what downtown and Augusta as a whole look like in 10-15 years."

"Unisys, a global information technology firm, is staffing its service desk and expects to hire 250 employees in the first year of operation. The first group of newly hired employees is expected to undergo training and be on the job by mid-January. The positions to be filled include site operations manager, team manager and help-desk technician."

Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 AM
PJA

Quote:

Hate to break up your view of how city-data should be, but its normal on EVERY forum here for announcements to be posted PRIOR to them happening regardless of if they ever materialize or not. On every forum here there have been projects announced that never materialized.....and there will continue to be those..so why don't you go and police ALL of the forums since this is such a major concern for you? I'll answer that for you...because its not about people posting news articles that never materialize....its about your hatred for Augusta.

As far as Rural Sourcing goes, It was 100 jobs and have they not materialized? The office location opened several years ago and is still here.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:10 AM

You might want to revisit your board exams Simund.... Your analysis is faulty. If I hated something why would I have lived here for the years I have... built my career here? You sir are clueless...

I post because I despise snake oil salesmen... The Joe Isuzu of the world are a pox...

You may want to read your assocaites posts regarding numbers at Rural Sourcing... ADP and others... why did you not comment on BARD/ABS? Experiencing comparative dissonance?

OK... on more try... why do feel compelled to comment if you disagree with my position?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 AM
PJA

The tomfoolery continues....Smh

Again since some people lack reading comprehension its normal on EVERY forum here for announcements to be posted PRIOR to them happening regardless of if they ever materialize or not.

Last edited by PJA; 02-18-2015 at 10:39 AM..

Old 02-18-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The tomfoolery continues....Smh

Again since some people lack reading comprehension its normal on EVERY forum here for announcements to be posted PRIOR to them happening regardless of if they ever materialize or not.
My exact tact... Boosterism in a nutshell..

It's seems fairly evident that not EVERY forum on here is for announcements that are posted PRIOR to them happening...

Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM
PJA

Quote:
My exact tact... Boosterism in a nutshell..

It's seems fairly evident that not EVERY forum on here is for announcements that are posted PRIOR to them happening...

Name one city sub forum on here where there has been no announcement made BEFORE it actually happened. As a matter of fact find me one where every announcement is AFTER the project has already come to fruition or at least underway.

Last edited by PJA; 02-18-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area