Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,015,338 times

Advertisements

Since we seem to be posting meaningless photos of skylines.. here's one for you:

Pretty impressive looking, right?
It's Detroit, MI
posting photos of skylines tell you absolutely nothing about a city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 PM

383 posts, read 716,674 times
What does detroit skyline have to do with this. This is information that you posted earlier. Like you knew for sure what you were talking about. Instead of posting other cities skyline. Why don't you comment on this

Here is what you posted earlier at 10:34 pm
Macon, GA the best of Georgia??? Talk about a fairytale. None of the propoganda that MayorofMacon or Johndoeboy posts will convince people that places like Macon and Augusta are growing.. Both cities are losing population.
Macon the best of 2007

After i provided you with the article Georgia Economic Outlook 2008 - News - Augusta, GA (http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/news_index.apx.-content-articles-JBF-2008-01-04-0031.html - broken link). About you being wrong about augusta losing population. Which i have told you several times but you insist to type it even though you are wrong.

Here is what you posted at 12:30 am
yeah there's real growth in Augusta... about 100 ppl in two years for a city with close to 190,000... that kind of growth is just is just amazing!.. Sure the recession won't hit Augusta's economy as hard.. because the economy has been stagnant for 12 years! It doesn't have that far to recede.

Augusta was losing population according to you at 10:34. Then at 12:30 am it gained 100 people. Make up your mind which one did it do. In 2 hours you have posted false information twice already

Again should i belive the dean of the univ of ga about augusta. Or somebody who is completely wrong everytime.
The dean at UGA sure believes augusta population is growing
Georgia Economic Outlook 2008 - News - Augusta, GA (http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/news_index.apx.-content-articles-JBF-2008-01-04-0031.html - broken link)

Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 AM

Please explain what happen from 10:34 pm to 12:30 am. I would like to know how augusta gained 100 people in 2 hours. Because at 10:34 according to you it was losing population but magically at 12:30 am it gained people. Metro Augusta and richmond county gained people in 2006 and 2007.

Last edited by johndoeboy; 01-18-2008 at 12:24 AM..

Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 AM

It still has a net decline over the decade... a decline of about 6,000
In the last year.. there was slight growth.. 263 ppl.. that's a one year growth of about 1 tenth of one percent.. this measely growth is the first Augusta has seen this century.. but still the city has a net decline of residents for this decade.. and a one year growth rate of 1 tenth of one percent is well below that of other Georgia cities like Columbus, Savannah and Athens.. I don't have time to give you a lesson in basic statistics.. go check out a book ( it seems you need a better understanding of the subject).. The fact is the city of Augusta has had a net decline of around 6,000 ppl since 2000.
All of this growth you keep hyping is 263 ppl in one year... one tenth of one percent.. hardly a trend.
Augusta sees first growth in years 062907 - The Augusta Chronicle (http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/062907/met_134042.shtml - broken link)
on the Detroit skyline..
It is very much germain to this discussion.. you come on here and post all of these photos of Augusta's skyline as though that is some definitive proof that it is a booming place..
Well the Detroit skyline looks pretty inpressive too in photos.. but it is hardly booming.
The point being.. posting photos of skylines gives you absolutely no insight into what's actually happening in a city. It's like the propoganda we get out of N Korea that shows gleaming modern towers in Pyong Yang.. as though we are glimpsing into paradise.. but what it doesn't tell us is that about half the ppl are starving.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 AM

The Augusta Chronicle did a whole series of stories on Augusta's population decline since 2000... called "Leaving Augusta" ... Here's a link to ne of the stories:
Blacks part of Augusta exodus 051506 - The Augusta Chronicle

Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 AM

Yet all those things you typed and posted it gained people in 2006 and 2007. Richmond county and metro augusta gained people.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
In the last year.. there was slight growth.. 263 ppl.. that's a one year growth of about 1 tenth of one percent.. this measely growth is the first Augusta has seen this century.. but still the city has a net decline of residents for this decade.. and a one year growth rate of 1 tenth of one percent is well below that of other Georgia cities like Columbus, Savannah and Athens.. I don't have time to give you a lesson in basic statistics.. go check out a book ( it seems you need a better understanding of the subject).. The fact is the city of Augusta has had a net decline of around 6,000 ppl since 2000.
All of this growth you keep hyping is 263 ppl in one year... one tenth of one percent.. hardly a trend.
Augusta sees first growth in years 062907 - The Augusta Chronicle (http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/062907/met_134042.shtml - broken link)
on the Detroit skyline..
It is very much germain to this discussion.. you come on here and post all of these photos of Augusta's skyline as though that is some definitive proof that it is a booming place..
Well the Detroit skyline looks pretty inpressive too in photos.. but it is hardly booming.
The point being.. posting photos of skylines gives you absolutely no insight into what's actually happening in a city. It's like the propoganda we get out of N Korea that shows gleaming modern towers in Pyong Yang.. as though we are glimpsing into paradise.. but what it doesn't tell us is that about half the ppl are starving.
You must didn't read this

Dr Robert Sumichrast, Dean, University of Georgia Terry School of Business: "There is certainly a strong risk of a recession, but I think the most likely scenario, is growth in '08. I think Augusta will do better. I think Augusta will do better than the state, as a whole, we've got a growing population in Augusta for the first time in a long time."

Augusta's growth helped this small business grow, in '07, and for those here, the hope is thing continue to look good in '08.
Georgia Economic Outlook 2008 - News - Augusta, GA (http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/news_index.apx.-content-articles-JBF-2008-01-04-0031.html - broken link)

Old 01-18-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
The Augusta Chronicle did a whole series of stories on Augusta's population decline since 2000... called "Leaving Augusta" ... Here's a link to ne of the stories:
Blacks part of Augusta exodus 051506 - The Augusta Chronicle

Dr Robert Sumichrast, Dean, University of Georgia Terry School of Business: "There is certainly a strong risk of a recession, but I think the most likely scenario, is growth in '08. I think Augusta will do better. I think Augusta will do better than the state, as a whole, we've got a growing population in Augusta for the first time in a long time."

Augusta's growth helped this small business grow, in '07, and for those here, the hope is thing continue to look good in '08.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
on the Detroit skyline..
Your link is from 2005, to July 1, 2006. It gained from july 1, 2006 to jan 18, 2008.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area