Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 12:31 PM

423 posts, read 447,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In for Augusta View Post
with Hephzibah being closer to the the fort But Harlem is good to
Both Harlem and Hephzibah have an IGA for basic shopping needs but to be honest even though I dont care for Harlem myself its a better choice imo than Hephzibah atleast going by the crime rate which is a bit higher in Hephzibah.
Another thing to consider is that there a new internet/cable service coming into Harlem atm which is going to be offering 1000mb speed connections and I am not sure if Hephzibah has that atm or will get it any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:33 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cst8670 View Post
Both Harlem and Hephzibah have an IGA for basic shopping needs but to be honest even though I dont care for Harlem myself its a better choice imo than Hephzibah atleast going by the crime rate which is a bit higher in Hephzibah.
Another thing to consider is that there a new internet/cable service coming into Harlem atm which is going to be offering 1000mb speed connections and I am not sure if Hephzibah has that atm or will get it any time soon.
Can you provide the source?? The city limits of Hephzibah crime rate is pretty low. The IGA is Hephzibah is actually a KJ Market's which is the nicer version of IGA.

The median income in Hephzibah is higher and the city limits offer a much better selection of quality housing and neighborhoods compared to Harlem.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Can you provide the source?? The city limits of Hephzibah crime rate is pretty low. The IGA is Hephzibah is actually a KJ Market's which is the nicer version of IGA.

The median income in Hephzibah is higher and the city limits offer a much better selection of quality housing and neighborhoods compared to Harlem.
//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...h-Georgia.html

Like I said its not much higher but still it would make me consider Harlem more than Hephzibah.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Like I said its not much higher but still it would make me consider Harlem more than Hephzibah.
Citydata is the source?

I looked at 2010 and 2011 stats for each city and it's separated by 31 points... I think Hephzibah offering the nicer places to live and the higher median income outweighs the crime rate separated by 31 points..

I know many people in real estate, and it's hard to get families to move into Harlem. Even with the realtors who deliberately steer people to Columbia County.. Grovetown had a trailer park image problem in the past to, but you had nicer areas near I-20 outside the city limits.

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-27-2016 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 02:35 PM

121 posts, read 109,642 times
Quote:

Hephzibah in general is just as safe as Harlem and is closer to the fort. basically right outside it. And has a little more than Harlem that's why the crime is a little bit higher.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In for Augusta View Post
Hephzibah in general is just as safe as Harlem and is closer to the fort. basically right outside it. And has a little more than Harlem that's why the crime is a little bit higher.
South Augusta is actually right outside Fort Gordon lol, but some of the areas in South Augusta do have a Hephzibah address. The new Walmart market shopping center at the intersection of Tobacco/Windsor Spring is a perfect example.

The areas outside Fort Gordon are not located in the city limits however.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Citydata is the source?

I looked at 2010 and 2011 stats for each city and it's separated by 31 points... I think Hephzibah offering the nicer places to live and the higher median income outweighs the crime rate separated by 31 points..

I know many people in real estate, and it's hard to get families to move into Harlem. Even with the realtors who deliberately steer people to Columbia County.. Grovetown had a trailer park image problem in the past to, but you had nicer areas near I-20 outside the city limits.
Considering this is a City Data forum I was thinking it would be acceptable

Old 01-27-2016, 05:57 PM

7 posts, read 6,963 times
Thank you for the info. I did see a house that was perfect in Hephzibah. I then looked at the Crime Stats and decided that city may be outside my comfort level.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSiamese View Post
Thank you for the info. I did see a house that was perfect in Hephzibah. I then looked at the Crime Stats and decided that city may be outside my comfort level.
Think of 1 homicide might happen in 5-15 years mayberry kinda of town. I doubt there's many towns you can find anywhere safer in Georgia.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:04 PM

7 posts, read 6,963 times
Thank you to all that have given me some information.

How is Evans in regards to traffic? A rough estimate of commute time to post. We're not certain on which gate will be used yet. Maybe something just outside of Evans on the Southern side? I've seen Martinez but not really sure that's where I want to be. I could be wrong as I've never been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area