Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2017, 04:22 AM

28 posts, read 37,837 times

Advertisements

I am a carpenter and am witnessing the construction boom here in Augusta. I have been working in Atlanta and Columbia also and they are growing on par with Augusta this year, but next few years I see Augusta leaving the rest of busy Georgia in the wind.

I have been slammed and just had a few days off, the first consecutive days off since May. I have done very well this year and am looking forward to next years increased pace.

So basically I am looking all around Augusta for some real estate guys I work with. They want to know the best areas to buy and hold property for a few years, long term holding, renting while waiting to eventually sell in 3-6 years.

I have been torn between what to get, as everything in Augusta looks good, but I know there has to be some gems out there.

Right now I am thinking he needs to invest in Harrisburg, North Augusta (Hammond Hills), Central Augusta, Undeveloped land in Grovetown or maybe even Homes near SouthGate.

I do not think South Augusta has enough growth, they have enough homes, few abandoned and new construction going up.

North Augusta near the river will do very well, Jackson, Cyber, Medical and North Augusta/Aiken winning Yankees retirement life are driving this. A good city government and a good quality of living make this a serious consideration.

Grovetown is amply a speculation on land that will eventually be a cookie cutter subdivision. Not much thought here, just buy the land and get it consolidated to make it easy for builders.

Harrisburg is my favorite choice. It is in a corridor between the Nationals and Downtown. It is priced below most Medical professionals, but is perfect for $40k-70k employees who want access to the city. Harrisburg is a few miles from many economic points and has a character and feel to it. There is relatively no new construction and there is very few spots to really expand, there is limited land with AU pushing from both sides. The key factor is crime decreasing, which it is on a national level and Augusta downtown because of gentrification.

SRS, Vogtle, Cyber, Military, Medical And Manufacturing is driving my macro factors for growth, while things like current crime, location to shopping, location to interstate or 520 and some other things for secondary factors. They have anywhere from 500k-3.2M to spend on multiple projects in the area, they want to invest in a single entity, for example, buying a whole block in Harrisburg and clearing it and selling it to a builder to make a new apartment.

What do you guys think. I can see $40% in prices in Harrisburg in 5 years. Crime will be the biggest factor. I am waiting on a few catalysts to trigger a massive drop in crime. Maybe more foot traffic and homeowners will stifle crime. Maybe it will just be stricter housing project rules or condemning many homes that need it and are occupied. Also, many drug addicts are dying off or simply quitting. Heroin is in the rise and Harrisburg is me if few neighborhoods that can deal it (heroin is a city drug) and that will be a huge problem as few areas will compete with Harrisburg as its already established as Heroin center since 70s and opiod crisis is pushing heroin sales, heroin is a violent drug to deal. The city, Augusta University and RCSO need to find a way to get Homeless out of there. The 3 Projects need to become mixed income and there needs to be cameras on Eve Street.

Hate to say it, but the welfare generations in Harrisburg will have to leave, there can be no cohabitation with many of these people, they are ruining a gem of an investment with petty crime and simple civil disobedience. They must be be moved out by restricting possible places to rent, you can do this by condemning homes, code violating apartments that do have basic dwelling needs and by a heavy police presence for small crimes like Loitering, JayWalking and public drunkedness.

Either way, I see Harrisburg being the best investment, followed closely by North Augusta. The cost of NA is very very high, but I think it can grow more and become the most expensive market in Augusta.

Thanks, have a great day!

bTw-Grew up on Boykin Rd, family from Harrisburg, don't care about your sjw triggered bs, Most people in the Burg are not good citizens, most are ignorant, welfare recipients. Disabled recipients and all kinds of cost to society.

Last edited by Mike_IN_AUG; 12-24-2017 at 04:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area