Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 PM

78 posts, read 99,824 times

Advertisements

Richmond county now has a dicks sporting good, bass pro shops, and gander mountain. Evans has academy sports and outdoors. I think REI, and LL Bean are coming next. After atlanta the most money in georgia is in the augusta area. The city of augusta is going to shock georiga in the next few years.

Outdoor mega-store coming soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
More ridiculous statements from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
wow.. LL Bean might come to Augusta... I'm sure the lesbians will be happy!
The strongest economy is Georgia outside of metro Atlanta is Savannah..in fact Savannah tops metro Atlanta in job growth.. Augusta is near the bottom for job growth of any metro area in Georgia.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM

I don't know what im talking about but i live in augusta. And you do know what you're talking about even though you don't live here. Please get for real you're lie and exaggerate on every thread about augusta. Why is augusta the only city in georgia probably other than atlanta. Even though i don't know if atlanta has a gander mountain. That has a gander mountain, bass pro shops, and dicks sporting goods. You would think savannah would have that according to you. How come everytime in georgia atlanta gets the store first. Then it comes to augusta then savannah, columbus, or macon. Dude you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Savannah just heard costco is relocating there. People knew costco was coming to the village at riverwatch in augusta last year sometime.

Last edited by matrixguy; 04-16-2008 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Bass Pro Shops is coming to the area. City officials say the company will bring 250 jobs to Augusta. The outdoor retailer is expected to open its door in the Fall of 2009. The store will be located at a site on the Village at Riverwatch property, on Riverwatch Parkway and I-20.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
More ridiculous statements from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
wow.. LL Bean might come to Augusta... I'm sure the lesbians will be happy!
The strongest economy is Georgia outside of metro Atlanta is Savannah..in fact Savannah tops metro Atlanta in job growth.. Augusta is near the bottom for job growth of any metro area in Georgia.
Here's what you posted in the augusta is becoming a huge city thread. I had a feeling you and marinova were the same person. I don't think its a concidence you mentioned that savannah top metro atlanta in job growth. Right after marinova posted that article on forbes in the other thread. But talk about ridiculous statements. Augusta is near the bottom for job growth of any metro area in georgia is what you said.

Uh what!!!!! This is from the article on forbes you posted earlier.
Job growth rank in the united states
Top georgia metos
Savannah 18
Atlanta 69
Augusta 128
Columbus 146
Macon, athens, brunswick, albany, didn't even make the list. Augusta was third but yet according to you. It ranks at the bottom for job growth of any metro area in georgia. I said you lie and exaggerate on every thread about augusta. You just prove it again.

Last edited by matrixguy; 04-16-2008 at 02:30 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Augusta doesn't have the best job growth at this time. However that's not the only factor in indicating a strong economy either.

Disgusta, why must you argue with everyone's opinion? It comes off as childish. Now if someone was giving false facts then that would be one thing. But he's just giving his opinion. You don't have to argue with someone everytime they say they like Augusta or there's good things going on here.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:52 PM

Good to see Augusta is finally getting a Bass Pro Shop.. Macon and Savannah have had one for years now.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:25 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
And your point. Augusta can't get everything first. LOL
It's not a competition.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM

The tone of the original post of this thread was that Augusta was the only other place in Georgia after Atlanta getting these types of stores.. as though it were some sort of competition that the usual Augusta boosters like to bring on this forum.. "Augusta's getting this store, nanny nanny boo boo.. we're better than you.. Augusta is Going to shock Georgia.." Sorry to burst your bubble Augusta.. but other cities in Georgia besides you have these same stores.. and no one else besides you really cares.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 PM

No other city in georgia besides atlanta and augusta. Have a pf changs, hollister, coach, earthfare, and aldo. Before you talk visit augusta mall then visit the mall in columbus, savannah, and macon. Tell me what city has stores only atlanta mall's have we know only augusta. So yes after atlanta is first then augusta is usually the second one. Costco, pf changs, and coach are few who came to atlanta then augusta second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area