Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 AM

6 posts, read 36,255 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am moving from NC. Looking for safe, good feel apt. complexes. I am a single woman- hence good neighbourhoods are top priority.

I was suggested Waltons way and Washington road. If anyone could recommend very good apt. complexes in these areas.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 02:05 PM

661 posts, read 2,896,769 times
ATC manages several complexes in the area you're interested in.

Apartments Townhomes Augusta Georgia

I like Thornberry, Spicewood, and Santuary. I liked Alexander Place's location a lot, but didn't care for the complex itself. It was a little too cramped. Iron Horse is good, too.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for your input. What about Forest hills- it is described as a mountain resort. Looked nice and green. Any opinions?

Thanks, I really appreciate this.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Forest Hills Racquet Club is nice too. It's on the same property as some condos and they have their own little clubhouse with restaurant attatched.

I used to stay in Traditions At Augusta. It's in a very convenient area on Walton Way Extension.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:14 AM

Forest Hills was my first choice for an apartment in the Augusta area. Woodsy, great prices for apartments, Rae's Coastal Cafe right in the complex - sounded great.

I ended up looking elsewhere after viewing some of the apartments. They're in need of some updating, especially the kitchens. There wasn't a whole lot of natural light in the apartments, which was a trade off for lots of trees I guess.

The clincher was a snake out on the patio of the apartment I viewed. I have a bad snake phobia. I guess he lived in or around the creek. I realize that snakes can pop up anywhere, but this part of the complex looked like a
Sandals Resort for reptiles, having a creek surrounded by very tall mud banks (with snake holes in it)

These views are all my personal opinion. Someone else may find Forest Hills is exactly what they're looking for. I loved the location of the complex and was pretty disappointed that I had to move on and look elsewhere.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Sister lived in Forest Hills racquet club.. location is great.. prices nice too.. but as others said, they need major updating. she also had problems with late night partiers and the complex was not well lit at night. After a neighbor of hers was rasped in the parking lot whi9le arriving home from work at MCG.. she got out as soon as her lease expired.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,915 times
Default Augusta Move

Have you tried looking in Craigslist? You can search by price and location. Also, many ads have pictures. Here is the link.

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

Old 04-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
Sister lived in Forest Hills racquet club.. location is great.. prices nice too.. but as others said, they need major updating. she also had problems with late night partiers and the complex was not well lit at night. After a neighbor of hers was rasped in the parking lot whi9le arriving home from work at MCG.. she got out as soon as her lease expired.
That's horrible. I'm glad your sister moved on.

I'm kind of surprised at the partying problem, though. ATC cracks down pretty quickly on people who disturb others. They have some stringent rules about late night noise and don't hesitate to enforce them. I ended up in another ATC complex and I really like their management. I wonder if it was due to having Rae's in the complex.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Clearly Forest hill is out. How would you'll rank others?

Thanks everyone for your input. I sure have a snake phobia too. So Forest hills is out.

JMarkey has suggested Thornberry, Spicewood, Santuary, Iron house and Alexander's Place.

Also Traditions at Augusta was recommended.

Could anyone highlight the pros and cons of each, any personal experiences, or order of preference.

Thanks in advance,
Joyie

Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
My sister has lived at Forest Hills Racquet Club for years and I asked her if she heard about that rape and she hadn't. She says its quiet but there does need to be more lighting and they need to update their apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: