Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times

Advertisements

I'd second Riverwood. Has a pretty wide range of new and existing homes in your genral price range. Each of the neighborhoods have parks or green spaces for kids to play.

Here's the link:Riverwood Plantation - A 3,800 acre master planned community in Augusta, GA (http://riverwoodplantation.com/index.shtml - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Riverwood is VERY nice... it's a bit farher out for my tastes.. but the area is getting more and more shopping and restaurants. The big plus about Riverwood... is you have the schools within the community... the kiddies can safely walk to school... and all their friends will live nearby. If you are a golf person, there is an excellent golf course within the community... I believe it is a Jack Nicklaus course too.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Riverwood Plantation is just about the only walkable neighborhood in Evans. And I think just about the only one with a neighborhood park, although I could be wrong. But anywhere in Evans is the thickest traffic in the region. But coming from MD you may already be used to even thicker traffic. There is a fairly new development off Knob Hill Farm Rd. that would be nice if they actually connect it to the new Blanchard Woods Park, otherwise it's nothing but another cookie cutter subdivision detached and removed from everything. But really outside of Riverwood Plantation, that just about sums up typical Evans subdivisions anyway. Expect to hop in your car and drive for every little thing, including recreation.

I'd actually recommend neighborhoods along Stevens Creek Rd. even though it is not Evans mailing address. They are some of the best neighborhoods in town which are very close to the Savannah Rapids Pavillion and the Augusta Canal Greenway which stretches from the Pavillion to downtown, and is a very popular amenity for walking and biking. And that area is as close to the Evans Town Center as Riverwood Plantation is, believe it or not. And there are plans to pave a bike trail from that area to the Evans Town Center.

But if it absolutely must be Evans, you won't hardly find any neighborhoods with quality of life amenities so extensively integrated besides Riverwood Plantation.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times
Champions Retreat in Riverwood is a 27 hole golf course. Nine hole courses designed by Arnold Palmer, Jack Nickalus and Gary Player. Pretty impressive. Champions Retreat Golf Club - Augusta Golf, Augusta Golf Course, Augusta Golf Courses.

The thing that I really like about Riverwood is the number of little parks. gives the kids a place to play. In addition, there are walking/bike/golf paths that link all of the neighborhoods.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 9,177 times
does anyone know about the subdivision called highland park in martinez? what is the area like?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 742 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Verdana"]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT="Verdana"] [/FONT]
[FONT="Verdana"]Lookingto relocate from NJ to Evans, Ga- spent past weekend looking at several neighborhoods. Beautiful city/properties. Looking to go backand work with a realtor on finding a great non HOA home $200-300.. I also have a special need child with mild autism,not sure of the quality of (ABA, speech) services and special education school programthat are available nearby. I can use someadvice and recommendation.. Thank you.. [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area