Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 AM

614 posts, read 1,101,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
The same place where upper and middle class whites live in Augusta.

Why is this important
why is this still a subject
why do anyone care
Why is racism still a problem in augusta after 50-60 years
Why do people ego get in way the of accepting peoples for who they are
Am a diverse person who love all races.
I don't want live in subdivision where 85% is whites or 85% is black. The only thing you doing is hurting children from know diverse group of people. Then when they get older they don' t understand how to socialize with other race or live around other races. The problem is people hold on to what their parent taught them and they never change. For example most people go to church were their 95% of their race like that what God intended for his peoples to do
I understand where you're coming from. Some folks want to live in neighborhoods that are predominantly their race. No problem. It does not mean they are racist. Or you can use this example/explanation. Horses run with horses, lions run with lions, and turtles run with...I mean crawl with turtles. When was the last time you saw a bear hanging out with a pit bull or a tiger eating with a german shepherd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:00 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I understand where you're coming from. Some folks want to live in neighborhoods that are predominantly their race. No problem. It does not mean they are racist. Or you can use this example/explanation. Horses run with horses, lions run with lions, and turtles run with...I mean crawl with turtles. When was the last time you saw a bear hanging out with a pit bull or a tiger eating with a german shepherd?
You have a good point but we are talking about humans in which God bless us with the ability to make decision unlike animals. We have ability to know what right from wrong. What make America greatest country in the world because of how diverse were are. Why we do dominant the Olympic every four year. Why you think so many people want to live in America.
Why we have problem with immigrants and know other country have those problem. It because we is a diverse country. I know neighborhood that is majority one race is racist I didnt say that but when you have to move because of the majority then that racist. It don't matter what your color is it don't make it right. Yea the reason why animals run with their kind is because they can from their kind for example a dog kind from a dog so they going to travel with dog. Like humans we can from a man and a woman so we should run together just like the dogs do. Only if the owner train his dog to love all dogs and not attack a dog just because they not a pit bull or german shepherd. Do you see what am talking about we can from the some source but we look different talk, walk, eat, and live different but we all love the same if we was taught to love your neighbors.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:46 AM

16 posts, read 45,910 times
Hate to admit it, but the truth is most people are most comfortable around people who are like them. It's usually not because they hate people who are different, but because they feel like they will be accepted more easily by people who are similar to them. Nobody wants to feel rejected or left out. It's not always racism (btw I live in an area where my ethnicity is a small minority)

Old 07-08-2012, 02:56 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
My Black neighbors are currently renting next to me..and are waiting to buy a home in Belair because apparently they haven;t had the best experiences in Evans. There explaination to me was "we want to be were we feel we are the norm, not the acception" They are a very nice respectible family also. I have no idea why they should have to move based on the DNA in their skin.
In America, race is a proxy for (sub)culture. They simply want to move somewhere where they'd have more of a cultural connection with more neighbors.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 PM

71 posts, read 116,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
If you notice all these people with one-three post are always hyping up certain parts of Columbia County... I think we can clearly see who's really behind the comments lol...
'
I can't believe anyone would think Evans is the clear winner for upper and middle class blacks.... I would even put Martinez infront of Evans, and definitely West Augusta/Southwest Augusta...

Evans doesn't have any neighborhoods similar to Belair Estates in the area...
Thanks. I have no idea why some people on here are bent on dispersing incorrect info.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,943 times
They live in Atlanta lol jk.....Try Grovetown or West Augusta

Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
They live in Atlanta lol jk.....Try Grovetown or West Augusta
Maybe some lower middle/middle class, but definitely not an large percentage of upper middle class

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-12-2012 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area