Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 7,989 times

Advertisements

Im wondering where do most middle class blacks in augusta live. Is there a certain neighborhood, or area that has alot of them. I have recieved a job offer with MCG and I plan on accepting it. I am a 29 year old single black male with no kids. I have no wife or girlfrend. So its pretty much me and myself. The neighborhood or area doesn't have to be all black. I would just like to live in a area that has enough of them. Im moving from chicago which has alot of areas with affluent blacks. Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM

10 posts, read 15,910 times
Most upper middle class blacks live in west augusta. There is a neighborhood called belair estates off belair rd/jimmie dyess in west augusta. Where most of the houses cost over 500,000. The neighborhood is about 97% black. Martinez would be second in what you're looking for. Evans probably would be third for your criteria. Im not sure about north augusta, or aiken but I assume that they have a couple also. But overall west augusta fits your description. Check the 30909 and 30907 area code.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,034,104 times
Ditto Belaire Estates.. it's an upper middle class predominately black neighborhood. There's another one off Jackson Rd in West Augusta (called Jamaica Estates.. I think)

Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,268 times
I would advise you to look at your home partly as an investment. You can avoid segregated neighborhoods and find a home that is best-suited for you and will have the best resale value when you change jobs.

With Augusta-Richmond County being 50.4% black (and Columbia County 13% black), you will find that social networking will be easy on the job and at play. All neighborhoods that are upper-middle class are safe and desirable. However, the more segregated, the less marketable product you have on your hands in the end.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:26 AM

100 posts, read 425,087 times
Ditto on what irishvanguard said. Also, check out the Hephzibah areas. There are many new subdivisions out that way as well. The mixture would be about 50/50. Mostly military. Also, check Camelot off Jackson Rd. National Hills and Montclair are some of the popular neighborhoods in West Augusta.

check out Main you can search homes by subdivision. If you have a question about a particular subdivsion/area. Feel free to ask.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM

194 posts, read 529,254 times
Belair estates has alot of the mcmansions in the neighborhood. There is still some empty acres in belair. So you could build a house if you wanted too also. Kingston off jackson road is a pretty stable middle class nieghborhood. And hephzibah does have new nieghborhoods like the lakes at spirt creek. Where the houses cost about 300,000 and up.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:12 PM

220 posts, read 622,493 times
West Augusta and Martinez has the most middle class black population. But hephzibah is building alot of new subdvisions along with the blythe.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 15,435 times
Stay away from the 30906 area code. I reside there and trying like hell to get out. I hate to say it, but Evans is where u want to be...

Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3000 View Post
Stay away from the 30906 area code. I reside there and trying like hell to get out. I hate to say it, but Evans is where u want to be...
That is not true at all not the hold 30906 is bad. Evans have crime also you can't run or escape it. That the problem with some folk they just want to run alway soon they have one or two account. I live in SA area when I buy another house it be in SA. The peoples are more nicer. I you might say I want the best for myself or my family but really you just trying to fit in . Just saying the grass not always greener on the other side if the fence

Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
That is not true at all not the hold 30906 is bad. Evans have crime also you can't run or escape it. That the problem with some folk they just want to run alway soon they have one or two account. I live in SA area when I buy another house it be in SA. The peoples are more nicer. I you might say I want the best for myself or my family but really you just trying to fit in . Just saying the grass not always greener on the other side if the fence

Don't even waste your time responding to the trolls... This is the same guy with multiple screen names who bashes South Augusta and praises Columbia County(specifically Martinez & Evans) constantly on here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area