U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 AM

937 posts, read 1,592,799 times

Advertisements

um???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM

11,332 posts, read 22,556,543 times
Well, we're finally getting an Apple Store in Greenville at Haywood Mall. Job listings for the store went up yesterday on Apple's official website. I'm jealous that you guys got yours first. Oh well, only six months later. Not a big deal.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,417 posts, read 13,326,508 times
That's cool news for Greenville!

Old 01-24-2010, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 11,716 times
Is Augusta ever going to get an urban outfitters?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:20 AM

250 posts, read 525,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustaguy09 View Post
Is Augusta ever going to get an urban outfitters?
I have to believe one day we will but their locations are not typical mall locations. With locations like Charleston and ATL if Augusta got one id be shocked big time.
On a funny side note I believe an Urban Outfitters warehouse is located in Trenton SC.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,420,460 times
Yeah, I think it'll be a while before we see one of those, and I looked on their website, it looks like they don't really have many mall stores. The only ones in GA are in Atlanta and aren't in malls, and the only one in SC is on King Street in downtown Charleston. If, like I said in another thread, Augusta built some sort of shopping building downtown (one that fits the look of downtown, not a traditional strip center, but something that looks like actual downtown storefronts) then I do believe more traditionally 'mall' stores would locate there, think of something like the bldg at Buena Vista and GA Ave in North Aug, except on a slightly larger scale.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM

198 posts, read 563,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmac View Post
Just wanted to point out that Apple is already in Augusta. PeachMac is one of the country's largest Apple dealers, and recently opened a store on Washington Road in Evans. We stock more than twice as many items as an Apple company store and no appointment is needed for service.

Darryl
All I got to say is THANK GOD the Apple Store has opened. I purchased my MAC in December 2007 and the Apple Care warranty. I started having issues with my computer in early 2009 and would take it to Peach Mac to have it repaired. EVERY TIME I dropped it of to them then they NEVER could give me an estimated day that my computer would be ready and to top things off, I would call them in about a day or two to ask about what was wrong and when did they think I would have it back and they got an attitude with me like I was annoying them. I am an independent web and graphic designer and I NEED my computer ASAP but I did not bug them to get it fixed BUT I wanted to know so I could plan out my week getting my jobs done with outher arrangements. When I finally got my computer back 4 or 5 days later, there was still little problems with my system that would progressively get worst. I took it to them twice and the service was the same. Their people skills are awful.

Now about the Apple Store, Yes I made an appointment BUT they sit down with you and run a few test and found out more about my computer in 5 mins than the Apple Store did in 1 week. They also did more test later that day or the next day. Appointments are necessary if you are going to get the customer service that you deserve. It is easy to get appointments any time during the day. I could also tell that the WANTED to get the problem fixed ASAP because they understand how important having my computer is to me. They estimated the next day and it was fixed and running smoother than the day I bought it when I got it back. Never once were they short with me or annoyed because I asked what was wrong or how long it would take.

Apple Store = Great customer service
Peach Mac = Poor customer service

Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 AM

164 posts, read 353,502 times
I shop at the Peach Mac and Apple in Augusta.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:34 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,417 posts, read 13,326,508 times
Did Forever 21 open yet?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM

198 posts, read 563,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckkle View Post
I shop at the Peach Mac and Apple in Augusta.
Update on an earlier post. Peach Mac is GREAT for getting your apple repaired without a warranty as the repair bill is lower than apple. However if your computers defect is being repaired under Apple Care then the Apple Store is better because the process of ordering the parts are faster than locally owned authorized apple dealers. I retract my negative spill from the above post about Peach Mac and instead say that buying a computer you get good service from either store, getting your computer repaired out of warranty or upgrading it is better to go to Peach Mac but if your repair is covered under Apple Care then the Apple Store is faster if parts have to be ordered because the process is different than an out of warranty repair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area