U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM

349 posts, read 910,325 times

Advertisements

I love California Pizza Kitchen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 PM

11,115 posts, read 22,048,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
Juicy Coture, Cheesecake Factory, Dave and Busters, Lacoste, Diesel, Betsy Johnson, Ed Hardy, Steve Madden, California Pizza Kitchen, Trader Joes, and Saks should be in Augusta. I know Costco is coming to Augusta. We need more retail/restaurants though. The chronicle did a article recently. The median income in the city is up $45,000. I know the metro now is probably 60 to 70k.
Augusta doesn't have a large enough population to support any of those stores or restaurants except for Trader Joes and Costco.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:35 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,378 posts, read 13,032,519 times
Augusta can support Dave and Buster's, Juicy Coture, Cheesecake Factory, REI, California Pizza Kitchen, Trader Joes, and Diesel.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 AM

4,569 posts, read 6,850,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Augusta can support Dave and Buster's, Juicy Coture, Cheesecake Factory, REI, California Pizza Kitchen, Trader Joes, and Diesel.
Augusta definitely couldn't support a Juicy Couture or a Diesel. The market is too small, and there is not enough wealth in the area. Huntsville has a Juicy Couture, but I hear it's not doing well.

Last edited by nature's message; 06-22-2009 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM

4,569 posts, read 6,850,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
Juicy Coture, Cheesecake Factory, Dave and Busters, Lacoste, Diesel, Betsy Johnson, Ed Hardy, Steve Madden, California Pizza Kitchen, Trader Joes, and Saks should be in Augusta. I know Costco is coming to Augusta. We need more retail/restaurants though. The chronicle did a article recently. The median income in the city is up $45,000. I know the metro now is probably 60 to 70k.
Actually, the median income of the metro is about the same.

And you must be kidding. Charlotte doesn't even have an Ed Hardy, Diesel, Saks, or a Betsy Johnson and Ed Hardy just opened a store in Atlanta. All of these stores are located in big markets or markets that have a large amount of wealth (such as Charleston). Even thought this is pretty laughable, Steve Madden might do well in Augusta.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,474,121 times
Here is my take on which places are plausible and just downright fantasy:

Cheesecake Factory: Plausible but not likely. This restaurant is not too expensive for Augusta, but from what I have seen Cheesecake Factory only locates in LARGE metro areas are tourist markets. I don't see Augusta on their radar screen.

Dave and Busters: Plausible.. essentially a Chuck E Cheese for Adults. These places genereally need a large market base for support.. Augusta may just be in the fringe of being on their radar.

Juicy Couture: Pure Fantasy. This is Augusta, GA.. not Soho or Rodeo drive

Diesel: Fantasy.. Their jeans retail for well over $100.. I don't see that doing well in the Augusta market

Saks 5th Avenue: OMG.. I nearly fell of my chair when I saw this.. definately FANTASY

Betsy Johnson, Ed Hardy, Lacoste: Highly Unlikely

Steve Madden: Plausible. The price point of their shoes is within reach of the Augusta market.

REI: Plausible but not likely. I see a Bass Pro Shops doing better in Augusta than an REI..

CPK: Likely. It's basically just another mediocre moderately priced chain restaurant.. Augusta loves these types of places.

Trader Joes: Plausible, but may not happen for a few years. Atlanta just recently got them.. so give it about about 4 years to get to Augusta.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM

11,115 posts, read 22,048,205 times
Saks Fifth Avenue in Augusta? ROFLMAO. Please tell me that is a joke. There's not even one in Charlotte.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Saks Fifth Avenue in Augusta? ROFLMAO. Please tell me that is a joke. There's not even one in Charlotte.
There is one in Charleston, yet then Charleston is sort of a special market

Old 06-22-2009, 06:05 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,614,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
According to a couple of members here from macon, they've already got one on the way. Someone who knows someone was told by someone working on the building it was going to be a saks.

And don't dare say it was to be a parisian (now rebranded as belks); you just wouldn't know what you're talking about.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
According to a couple of members here from macon, they've already got one on the way. Someone who knows someone was told by someone working on the building it was going to be a saks.

And don't dare say it was to be a parisian (now rebranded as belks); you just wouldn't know what you're talking about.
The idea of Macon getting a Saks 5th is more ludicrous than Augusta getting one. What turnip truck did these ppl fall off of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area