Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy View Post
Yeah, but we still have Augusta. Get one of those and then we'll talk

Plus we have the Masters/Augusta Nationals.

I would guarantee most people 500 miles away have never heard of Greenville, SC. Or if they have, images of a one horse town come to mind.
I know this stuff hurts, but actually Greenville is pretty well known. More so than Augusta. While you guys only have one national event, Greenville has several. Plus its downtown is active everyday. If this weren't true Greenville wouldn't be growing faster. Like I said. Love your enthusiasm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
Oh yeah you're right they are well known. Bob Jones University comes to mind (oh wait, thats the place where they look down on Gays and Catholics).

Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
Oh yeah you're right they are well known. Bob Jones University comes to mind (oh wait, thats the place where they look down on Gays and Catholics).
I hear of BJ more on here from outsiders than I do in Greenville. Doesn't have much influence on Greenville at all. Its actually a pretty nice campus. I like it!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:48 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
I know Greenville has Furman, which is a pretty respected school, but pretty small nonetheless. I would say something that both Augusta and Greenville need is a large university...something say equivalent to Duke or Emory to really take both cities to the next level. Expansion of MCG is great but I'm think more of having a school like Emory with Law, business, medicine, etc.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 AM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
I meant nothing against Greenville with that Bob Jones comment, I was just saying that every city has its good and bad parts. Augusta may not have as much as Greenville does, but it is also a much smaller metro area, so of course it is going to be different. They both have their positives and negatives.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 AM

77 posts, read 229,092 times
It's not hurting us any, we're not the ones in another cities forum with the small man syndrome trying to downplay the city.

It's a good thing that Augusta makes other people jealous and they have to try to prove their city is better. That shows that we really have something to offer.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I know this stuff hurts, but actually Greenville is pretty well known. More so than Augusta. While you guys only have one national event, Greenville has several. Plus its downtown is active everyday. If this weren't true Greenville wouldn't be growing faster. Like I said. Love your enthusiasm.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
It's not hurting us any, we're not the ones in another cities forum with the small man syndrome trying to downplay the city.

It's a good thing that Augusta makes other people jealous and they have to try to prove their city is better. That shows that we really have something to offer.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!
Small man syndrome? Ok. Jealous? I hear you. But it still doesn't change anything.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM

77 posts, read 229,092 times
We're not asking for anything about Augusta to be any different but thanks for the concern.

You can have all the change you want, we like who we are already

Augusta was held by the Confederacy during the Civil War. How about Greenville?

Let's go all the way back to each city's roots if you want. I'm game
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Small man syndrome? Ok. Jealous? I hear you. But it still doesn't change anything.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
We're not asking for anything about Augusta to be any different but thanks for the concern.

You can have all the change you want, we like who we are already

Augusta was held by the Confederacy during the Civil War. How about Greenville?

Let's go all the way back to each city's roots if you want. I'm game
Lol! I don't care much about the confederacy. That was a time of slavery for my ancestors. Really only care about now. Plus, we've gotten way off topic and I take some blame for that. Lets truce and get back on topic for the op. Peace.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:42 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,345 times
Seriously who gives a Shi,t ????? Both places suck or excel in their own way . Give this tired old bull.**** a rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area