Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 PM

250 posts, read 608,177 times

Advertisements

Well I think alot of the transplants will come from out of state too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM

194 posts, read 527,344 times
Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! I love it.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM

215 posts, read 598,755 times
Augusta can become the high-tech and research center in Georgia. After the saint sebastian connector is finished. The st. sebastian research center the city wants to build. Augusta has ESI, Cancer center, Heart and Vascular center, Burn center, SRS, NSA, Plant vogtle, etc.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,842,504 times
Yes Augusta does have the potential to attract hi-tech jobs...especially in bio-medical and pharmaceuticals..like the NC Research Triangle did. The question is, how much money is the state and local governments willing to invest to do this? With state and local revenues at all-time lows because of the recession, it may be hard to find the money. But it is a good investment with long term payoffs that stand to create thousands of high paying jobs. State and local leaders should really study what NC leaders did when they created the Research triangle Park.
Justr for the record, the Saint Sebastion project is a road project..it does not include investment in any high tech research facilities. It will however improve access to what may one day be a high tech bio medical center.
The consulting firm hired by Augusta tomorrow to conduct a masterplan for downtown and North Augusta suggested a high tech biomedical village in this area.. but this was their "suggestion".. it has not been put into action by any government entities. I would like to see most of the Augusta Tomorrow masterplan pursued aggressively.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM

349 posts, read 1,001,252 times
It would be nice to have a Saint sebastian research center. Connecting to the Medical District.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammaf View Post
It would be nice to have a Saint sebastian research center. Connecting to the Medical District.
Call your city council member and state representatives and urge them to support the downtown masterplan, which includes this very project. Unfortunately not all of them are as forward thinking as Deke, but if they hear from enough ppl, they will be persuaded to see the value in this important project.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM

220 posts, read 620,503 times
Growth in Hephzibah can grow from the National Security Agency.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
Growth in Hephzibah can grow from the National Security Agency.
I think it will impact growth in Grovetown more, as it is closer to US78/Gordon Hwy entrance to Fort Gordon. Grovetown is a great location and a good value. You are right by the base, and have easy access to I20. The achilles heel of hephzibah is that it is just too far from I20 and is a pretty good drive from I520. Lots of nice land out in Hephzibah, and pretty cheap, but its just a bit tad bit far out for my liking.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM

194 posts, read 527,344 times
The NSA will impact growth in Hephzibah and Grovetown. Even to a extent Dearing and Harlem.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,031,438 times
The median income in the city and metro aarea. Will increase significantly in the next five y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area