Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Oh, and actually GDP does pretty much tell the whole story when you're comparing similar sized cities. Compare Detriot to a city similar in size, not mid sized cities and you will see. Compare it to lets say Atlanta and tell me what you see.
That's not a good comparison, since Atlanta is much more diversified than Detroit, let alone it's almost $70 billion larger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 07:44 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Tit for tat time.......Evans,GA median household income is $68,986 source:City-Data; Martinez,GA median household incom is $71,189, source: City-Data---------Simpsonville, SC household income $54,819, source: City-Data----------Appling,GA median household income $58,788,sorce: City-Data. All of those cities reside within our metro. Read my previous copy and paste from Wikipedia.org---there's plenty of money here. Don't blame us for our inept government not being able to get things built. But, until those amenities do become available, we'll continue to go to Atlanta and Columbia, besides, they have nicer things than greenville anyway.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 PM

Also, I would like to guarantee that Augusta's GDP has grown substantially more than Greenville's GDP. When I get the numbers, I'll share them with ya'll.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Also, I would like to guarantee that Augusta's GDP has grown substantially more than Greenville's GDP. When I get the numbers, I'll share them with ya'll.
You have no proof of that what-so-ever so please quit the BS. That's not to say Augusta's GDP hasn't grown but more than Greenville's? I highly doubt it.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
G-man, you helped start this. What good is an arena, zoo, or ballpark if the citizens that was taxed to build it can't affford to enjoy it?
Huh? The ballpark was paid for by the Drive. The taxpayers didn't pay a dime to have it built. Single game tickets are $5-$8. I work there. I should know. Proof: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/tickets/individual/ The zoo? You can go to the zoo here for $6: http://www.greenvillezoo.com/rates.aspx Why can't we afford to enjoy it? Please just shut it. You're making a fool out of yourself.

Oh and last night's attendance at the Drive game was 5,887. Thursday's attendance was 4,852. Proof: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/news/...article_id=568 (Bottom of the page) Tonight's game is sold out. Tomorrow's game only has a few seats left: http://www.greenvilledrive.com/news/...article_id=569 So much for not being able to afford it. This is in a stadium with 5,000 seats.

Last edited by g-man430; 05-30-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Five Forks is over 90k. Do you guys really believe Greenville's GDP hasn't grown? Come on guys, over 20k+ people move to our csa annually. For the record of course Atlanta has more stuff because its a large city, but Columbia is actually missing some options available in Greenville too. But this isn't their fight, so why bring someone else in a debate you can't win? Stand on your own 2 feet.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 PM

Sorry, didn't know those things were so cheap, mind you I've payed 40+ for hawks tickets and I cant remember what I payed for braves tickets, but I know it was more than those prices. I see it's cheaper to go catch a game and go to the zoo than go see a movie. Also, I frequent the Riverbanks Zoo and I know they cost more. Ya'll must only have farm animals and try to pass off your petting zoo for a real zoo at those prices. Anyways, as far as the GDP, I'm not saying it's higher but the gap has been decreased and might almost be equal. N-Guy has said it multiple times, NSA is coming along with other companies. So, you won't be ahead of us for long.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Wow,little city. Maybe the reason your unemployment rate is so high is because you don't have the jobs coming in to support your population? Hhahahahahahahahhahahahhah.............. What else you got besides Five Forks, probably nothing!

Last edited by The Magician; 05-30-2009 at 08:23 PM..

Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Wow,little city. Maybe the reason your unemployment rate is so high is because you don't have the jobs coming in to support your population. Hhahahahahahahahhahahahhah.............. What else you got besides Five Forks, probably nothing!
Wrong again: GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC

You just don't research things before you post do you? It truly amazes me how dumb some people are in this world. There is no hope for mankind. Earth is doomed. See how I actually back up my posts with facts?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Hahahaha I've done the same-for some things, but I posed a question or assumption. I didn't make a assertion or statement.----- GADC reports 1,556 jobs created in 2008 ----- Sorry, I didn't read any further--Motonenterprises 20,0000 people>1556 jobs created. Hahahahahhahahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area