Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,856,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Actually Augusta has higher crime and its home values and income are way below Greenville's. Again, people don't move to an area for hospitals and for the record Greenville's hospitals are actually very good, but people move here because of the amenities. What's your reasoning on why other cities like Greenville and Columbia are out growing Augusta so much? Why do they have a higher GDP? Answer these without the ignorant stuff to show me you can have an intelligent debate based on facts, not just childish things like Murderville when Augusta actually has more crime and is poorer.
You will soon figure out that there are about 5 different ppl posting the EXACT same BS.. The thing is they are not different ppl.. just one person... read their posts.. same exact stuff over and over. They just know how to bypass the forums rules about having multiple accts by using proxy servers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
You will soon figure out that there are about 5 different ppl posting the EXACT same BS.. The thing is they are not different ppl.. just one person... read their posts.. same exact stuff over and over. They just know how to bypass the forums rules about having multiple accts by using proxy servers.
Well, who ever it is really believes the bs that they are posting. I don't guess they ever look at stats or numbers before posting. As I mentioned earlier, if you run a race by yourself you will always think you are fast. That's what some of these posters are doing. Posting without facts, stats, or truth.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM

197 posts, read 611,413 times
Augusta was booming until the economy went bad. In 2007 40 new stores was added to the Mall. In 2008 only 3 opened. in 2009 so far only the Apple Store and a new store inside the mall is opened. The good news is that they have not been hit like the nearby Augusta Exchange which is still doing good but they have had closings on almost a monthly basis now. It will be very interesting how the new Village at River Watch will affect the mall and Augusta Exchange when it is finally built. I heard rumors of a new Arena and Mall part of The Gateway Development planned for Lewiston Road two years ago but nothing more. Are those projects canceled or just on hold until the economy turns around? Downtown Augusta seems to have vastly improved at least on the upper part of broad since 2005. I did not remember The Broad Street Market and other upscale restaurants there then. I hope that trend continues down through Old Towne and East Augusta. Downtown has allot of potential if they can clean up Walton Way and East Augusta.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,508 times
Augusta rocks!

Lilmusket and Disgustasucks, Disgustatruth are the same person. They repeat the same nonsense over and over. How they love Athens, or Greenville, and bash Augusta every chance.

Lilmusket didn't show up until Disgustatruth was banned.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 AM

220 posts, read 622,526 times
The Gateway in Grovetown started in January sometime... It's beside the Grovetown interchange on Interstate 20.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,197 times
To the Greenville folks, if you want the GDP go to bea.gov and find it yourself. I'm not going to do the work for you. Ya'll are the folks that keep trying to make greenville look like the next Atlanta or Charlotte of the south. When in fact you're no better than Chattanooga. I spoke of Augusta's medical district because that is one area out of many in which this city shines.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:00 PM

215 posts, read 601,382 times
Talk about getting off topic. What do some of these post. Have to do with Augusta's biggest sales tax revenue in history.

Can we stay on topic

Old 05-30-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingdawg View Post
Downtown Augusta seems to have vastly improved at least on the upper part of broad since 2005. I did not remember The Broad Street Market and other upscale restaurants there then. I hope that trend continues down through Old Towne and East Augusta.
You must haven't been downtown in a while. Broad street market has been there for sometime.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
I spoke of Augusta's medical district because that is one area out of many in which this city shines.
Rep. Augusta shines in many diffrent ways.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 PM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
To the Greenville folks, if you want the GDP go to bea.gov and find it yourself. I'm not going to do the work for you. Ya'll are the folks that keep trying to make greenville look like the next Atlanta or Charlotte of the south. When in fact you're no better than Chattanooga. I spoke of Augusta's medical district because that is one area out of many in which this city shines.
For the record, Chattanooga officials came to Greenville recently to get ideas on how to build a successful downtown. This means you just made another untrue post. Look at the forum numbers to see which cities area getting the most interest. Augusta has yet to reach 1k. How many folks go to Augusta for Ideas? They don't because it is behind other mid sized cities in amenities and size. Can you dispute this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area