Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,020,209 times

Advertisements

Deke has only been the mayor since 2006. The decade 2010-2020 is going to be very diffrent.

At 7:00 am in the morning on a day I don't have to work. I'm going to be in the bed asleep. So of course I wouldn't have posted the article that early.

Last edited by nortonguy; 03-25-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM

614 posts, read 1,095,306 times
You win!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,682,780 times
I agree Magician, the metro as a whole is still growing rather well, and at least our central city has finally stopped losing population. One of the main reasons why you see so much major retail/commercial development in ARC is due to it's central location, Augusta is basically right in the middle of the entire CSRA, making it an ideal place for retail etc.

Nortonguy, Augusta-Richmond County (as of mid-2009) still isn't seeing an influx of new residents like Aiken and Columbia counties are, the population declined rather significantly from 2000-2005, the only reason the population has increased back to it's 2000 levels is due to more people being born than are dying off, like it says in the article: "[T]he upswing doesn't mean that people are flocking to Richmond County. The rise has come because more people are being born than are dying."

At least from 2000-2010 the population of Richmond County stabilized and, if the past few years are any indication, appears to be growing again. The 80s and 90s, and maybe even earlier than that, weren't very good to Augusta, but the city seems to finally be growing again.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Deke has only been the mayor since 2006. The decade 2010-2020 is going to be very diffrent.

At 7:00 am in the morning on a day I don't have to work. I'm going to be in the bed asleep. So of course I wouldn't have posted the article that early.
It'll be different, if the mayor is reelected (which would be nice). I hate to say it because I do appreciate Deke and what he's done during his tenure as mayor, but if Lori Davis did decide to run against the mayor (she says she won't, but if she did) I would most certainly support her over Deke, I think she would do wonders for the city.

Plus, just to be clear, I've seen you post articles within an hour after they've been published, so don't get testy with me or the Magician, I was perusing the Chronicle website this morning at around 8 before I went for a jog, I saw the article, I knew you wouldn't dare post it in the forum, so I did.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
You win!
Lol, I'm just going to have to start doing that from now on instead of arguing with him over several pages of posts :P

Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,020,209 times
The article didn't show the one year (2008-2009) growth. The article looked at 2000-2009 growth. I bet 2008-2009 showed Richmond county grew faster than most of the burbs.

For example the city of Augusta grew at 1.1% and Richmond county around 1.3 % in 2007-2008. Which was faster than Aiken county did. Columbia grew at 1.7%.

I find it funny how certain posters are OBSESSED with me. I never mentioned anybody's name ever. But for some reason certain ppl still have to mention my name in almost every thread. The Carmax finally opening thread is a prime example. Certain people still recently have to say my name over and over. They even have to make a big deal about what articles they think I would post or not, etc.

I only reply to you AFTER you say my name. That's the VERY big diffrence between us. In the Carmax finally opening thread you said my name for no reason. Like you always do on ALMOST every thread.

The article doesn't talk about the latest growth. Because the latest growth is the years 2008-2009 and NOT 2000 to 2009. If they showed the years 2008-2009 Richmond county is growing faster than most of its suburban counties.

Last edited by nortonguy; 03-25-2010 at 05:42 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The article didn't show the one year (2008-2009) growth. The article looked at 2000-2009 growth. I bet 2008-2009 showed Richmond county grew faster than most of the burbs.
Ok then, the July 2008 estimate for Richmond County was 199,486, the July 2009 estimate for Richmond County was 199,768, that's an increase of a whopping 282 people. (Source: http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...5.shtml?v=1219 http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/me...e?v=1269483343 )

"Columbia County's population rose by more than 23,600 people in the decade. About 71 percent of that increase, or about 16,800 people, came from people moving into the county. In Aiken County, population rose by more than 13,400 people in the decade, and 73 percent of that increase was because of migration into the county."

"[T]he upswing doesn't mean that people are flocking to Richmond County. The rise has come because more people are being born than are dying."

The majority of the population increases for Columbia and Aiken counties was due to new residents moving into the county. Virtually all of the growth Richmond county experienced was due to the birth rate being higher than the death rate, NOT an influx of new residents. AT LEAST Richmond County has finally stopped losing population, which I am very happy about, maybe we'll see significant population increases now that the recession is loosening.

Quote:
I haven't still mentioned your name yet if you haven't notice. Even though you've mentioned my name already. In the Carmax finally opening thread again.
Quote:
I only reply to you AFTER you say my name. That's the VERY big diffrence between us. In the Carmax finally opening thread you said my name for no reason. Like you always do on ALMOST every thread.
Even if you don't directly address me by my user-name doesn't mean you still aren't directly replying to me. I mention peoples user-names in my posts so that they know what comment is directed to who. What does you not directly stating my user-name have to do with anything when you still directly respond to me? I don't understand what your talking about. You don't have to refer to me as 'certain posters', we all know you're talking about me, why don't you just address me directly?

Edit: Uh, lets take a look at this thread, I posted the article, you responded to it, I responded to your post. That's how it works, when you say something that I want to respond to, I say 'Nortonguy, blah blah blah'.

Quote:
And I haven't posted about what article you would post or not. Probably because I don't care.
I posted the article because I knew you wouldn't, you never post any article that doesn't directly support your fluff posts, and you never post any article that may shed Augusta in a negative light. I will post both good and bad articles if they are relevant to a subject being discussed. This article talks about the latest growth information, so I posted it in the population thread, I knew you wouldn't post it because the article doesn't support your stance that 'Augusta is booming'.

Quote:
I find it funny how certain posters are obsessed with me.
Haha, don't flatter yourself, I'm definitely NOT obsessed with you. I'm all about keeping you and your posts in check, nothing more.

Edit: Oh, way to go editing your 6:03 post instead of responding directly to my 6:23 post, yet you have the nerve to condemn me for editing posts. Here's your crow, would you like a fork to eat it with?

Last edited by EastsideDave; 03-25-2010 at 05:58 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM

937 posts, read 1,792,128 times
when do the census results come back or are calculated rather, how long will it take to know how big the metro is?

Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
when do the census results come back or are calculated rather, how long will it take to know how big the metro is?
I think it takes around a year, so we should know sometime in 2011.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,256,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
Ok then, the July 2008 estimate for Richmond County was 199,486, the July 2009 estimate for Richmond County was 199,768, that's an increase of a whopping 282 people. (Source: UPDATED: Augusta retains status as state's 2nd largest city | The Augusta Chronicle Richmond County population stays same | The Augusta Chronicle )

"Columbia County's population rose by more than 23,600 people in the decade. About 71 percent of that increase, or about 16,800 people, came from people moving into the county. In Aiken County, population rose by more than 13,400 people in the decade, and 73 percent of that increase was because of migration into the county."

"[T]he upswing doesn't mean that people are flocking to Richmond County. The rise has come because more people are being born than are dying."

The majority of the population increases for Columbia and Aiken counties was due to new residents moving into the county. Virtually all of the growth Richmond county experienced was due to the birth rate being higher than the death rate, NOT an influx of new residents. AT LEAST Richmond County has finally stopped losing population, which I am very happy about, maybe we'll see significant population increases now that the recession is loosening.

Even if you don't directly address me by my user-name doesn't mean you still aren't directly replying to me. I mention peoples user-names in my posts so that they know what comment is directed to who. What does you not directly stating my user-name have to do with anything when you still directly respond to me? I don't understand what your talking about. You don't have to refer to me as 'certain posters', we all know you're talking about me, why don't you just address me directly?

Edit: Uh, lets take a look at this thread, I posted the article, you responded to it, I responded to your post. That's how it works, when you say something that I want to respond to, I say 'Nortonguy, blah blah blah'.

I posted the article because I knew you wouldn't, you never post any article that doesn't directly support your fluff posts, and you never post any article that may shed Augusta in a negative light. I will post both good and bad articles if they are relevant to a subject being discussed. This article talks about the latest growth information, so I posted it in the population thread, I knew you wouldn't post it because the article doesn't support your stance that 'Augusta is booming'.

Haha, don't flatter yourself, I'm definitely NOT obsessed with you. I'm all about keeping you and your posts in check, nothing more.

Edit: Oh, way to go editing your 6:03 post instead of responding directly to my 6:23 post, yet you have the nerve to condemn me for editing posts. Here's your crow, would you like a fork to eat it with?
I remember someone saying it was booming. 282 isn't close! This thread shut down abruptly after this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area