U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM

250 posts, read 525,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
I reside in Ann Arbor, Michigan at the moment...3 miles from an Ikea and were NO where near 1 million..lol

However this town is considered a college artsy fartsy yuppie town. Maybe that's why. Who knows.

How far is that Ikea from Detroit? WIth an Ikea in Atlanta and Charlotte, Augusta will never see one let alone support one.

Gander Mountain would be an interesting one to look at.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
558 posts, read 1,047,316 times
IKEA here, is about 35 minute drive down the 94 expressway which i will guess is around 30 -35 miles.

What about stores like Michaels/ Hobby Lobby or Panera bread, BD Mongolian grill. Game works have they popped up down there yet?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,417 posts, read 13,331,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmquiroz View Post
IKEA here, is about 35 minute drive down the 94 expressway which i will guess is around 30 -35 miles.

What about stores like Michaels/ Hobby Lobby or Panera bread, BD Mongolian grill. Game works have they popped up down there yet?
The Augusta Exchange has a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Panera Bread...

Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
558 posts, read 1,047,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The Augusta Exchange has a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Panera Bread...

well, even more reasons to be happy I choose to relocate to Augusta/ Columbia County Area =)

I'm out of suggestions

Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 AM

And we had a BDs Mongolian grill but Augusta wasnt ready for it yet. Man i loved that place!
No Game Works but I dont think Augusta is ready for that type of establishment. Id love to see it but dont think we have the population quite yet.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 PM

198 posts, read 563,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
And we had a BDs Mongolian grill but Augusta wasnt ready for it yet. Man i loved that place!
No Game Works but I dont think Augusta is ready for that type of establishment. Id love to see it but dont think we have the population quite yet.
I guess Charlotte, Fayetteville and the Carolina's was not ready for BD's either. I loved that place too and hated to see it close but you act like Augusta could not support it and run your mouth with out posting the facts. BD's had locations all throughout the south in the early 2000's and pulled out of the entire region not just Augusta so quit making it look like Augusta could not support it. Guess what, PF Changs is going on its 4th year and Chop House is going on its 3rd year in AUGUSTA and both are very busy.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM

cyclingdawg,run my mouth? come on... i was not trying to diss Augusta at all. i have lived here my whole life and love the city and have loved watching it grow. i ate at BDs 2 or 3 times a month and loved it while it was here . a lot of the times I went it wasnt very busy, plus it seems like that location had a hex on it with stool pigeons there also. What i meant by Augusta wasnt ready for it was not population just taste. We have a TON of the same type of eating establishments in Augusta but I still contend that Augusta taste at the time were not ready for a place like that.
And the population comment was aimed at Game Works and Dave and Buster type places.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:29 AM

198 posts, read 563,429 times
Ok. That makes sense. I thought you were that troll again. I think a BD's at the mall though would work as lifestyle centers bring in the foot traffic who would just drive by it at Augusta Exchange. The mall and VAR is where nicer restaurants will thrive in Augusta. I doubt PF Changs would do well away from the mall. When BD's was here the mall was in decline and did not have the lifestyle center for this restaurant.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,417 posts, read 13,331,566 times
Cycling, Do you think the AUG mall and VAR are better locatons than the Carmax area and Augusta Exchange??

I actually think the Carmax area has the most upside... There's tons of empty acres on site and surrounding the development... Residential is suppose to be apart of the development..

The Augusta Exchange does have a new Buffalo Wild Wings coming to the area.. Also, Crane Creek apts is zoned B-1 and should feature retail along with the residential.. The property is located at the Walton Way Extension/I-20 interchange. But there's not alot of land left to expand around the Augusta Exchange..

The Augusta mall is pretty much landlocked.. The officials at the mall wanted to add a hotel to the property a while back.. There's room for 1-2 hotels behind Toys R Us, but not much land to grow otherwise...

The Village at Riverwatch has over 100 acres to play with.. But I haven't heard about residential being added to the site.....

Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,421,177 times
I think that VaR (given the right planning and developing) has the most potential to become an 'attraction' type development (Broadway at the Beach is an example) as opposed to a traditional shopping center like AE or WTP given it's proximity to downtown, the canal, and the river. Like wouldn't it be cool if a zoo was built on that piece of land behind VaR between the canal and the river? Fat chance but cool idea none-the-less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area