U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,415 posts, read 13,314,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
I think this the store you saw SOMA COMING TO AUGUSTA MALL

Below is a link for a job posting for Soma,an intimate apparel store for women. Soma is a subsidiary of Chicos with 190 store and and is usually found only in top tier malls. The buzz is SOMA has an agreement in place to be in the Augusta Mall. Augusta has attracted many of these top brands to the newer section of the mall like William Sonoma, the Apple Store,and many others. SOMA looks to be opening February 2013. They are looking for a store manager. Atlanta Soma jobs - Store Manager Augusta Mall (opens Feb.2013) Soma Augusta Ga Soma Intimates at Chico's FAS, Inc.
No, it's Charming Charlie opening in the promenade next to McAlister's Deli.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 01:47 PM

124 posts, read 215,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongoguy View Post
What the heck do they sell at Charming Charlie's?
The website say it sells women's accessories and other crap, but I swear it looked like a furniture store when I drove by, but I guess that could've been the merchandise fixtures...

And thanks for the name nort, couldn't remember it for anything.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM

They seem to be doing some exterior work near the Charming Charlie store.

Augusta mall | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Promenade | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Augusta Mall | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Promenade | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Don't they put some kind of decorations on that fountain for Christmas? Might be what those barrier things are about.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM

2,164 posts, read 2,847,728 times
The Abercrombie and Fitch store in the Augusta Mall is closing for good this weekend.

Mall management tells us the store's last day of business is Saturday,saying it was a corporate decision to close the company's stores in smaller markets.

Abercrombie and Fitch's parent company also owns the Hollister brand...which will remain open.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM

11 posts, read 13,545 times
A friends of mine works at the mall and she said that the Barnes and Noble is closing this year apparently their sales have been down by 11%. They dont know the date of the closure, but the store said that they will be closing.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanyeah View Post
Aw, man, this is a shame. I know Augusta needs books to encourage reading in the area and help get their test scores up to passing levels. Not enough people in Augusta read anymore and it is a shame.
What test scores?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 AM

22 posts, read 96,073 times
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about more store closings in the near future. About 80% of the stores there are in the bottom 10% in the company as far as revenue is concerned. Actually, the following are stores located in the Augusta Mall that are the slowest in the companies chain. Williams Sonoma, Forever 21, Banana Republic, The Limited, Apple, and Coldwater Creek. Rumor has it that H&M, a very popular clothing store in larger cities, is moving into the previous space Abercrombie & Fitch had, this may draw traffic from other areas.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augguy4111 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about more store closings in the near future. About 80% of the stores there are in the bottom 10% in the company as far as revenue is concerned. Actually, the following are stores located in the Augusta Mall that are the slowest in the companies chain. Williams Sonoma, Forever 21, Banana Republic, The Limited, Apple, and Coldwater Creek. Rumor has it that H&M, a very popular clothing store in larger cities, is moving into the previous space Abercrombie & Fitch had, this may draw traffic from other areas.
And you know this how?

Anyway, the closing of A&F along with f.y.e. were symbols of the financial struggles of the companies as a whole. A&F closed their Columbia, SC store (at Columbiana Centre) early last year, and closed their Savannah location as well. Seems like they are wanting to only be in large cities and major tourist destinations now (the nearest locations are Atlanta or Myrtle Beach).

Was in the mall today, the Hallmark store is closing the 26th of next month. Don't think this is unique to Augusta though, the Aiken Mall store (one of the only stores that had been there since the mall opened) closed last month, so I'm thinking that Hallmark may be having problems company-wide. There is definitely no lack of shoppers at the mall, so I don't see how you can claim 80% of the stores don't make any money...if they didn't they'd close, and there wouldn't be other stores snapping up spaces as soon as they come open.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 AM

22 posts, read 96,073 times
I know most stores at the mall are in the bottom 10% or the slowest in the chain but unfortunately I can't explain how I know. I do know that if you simply go in and ask how the business of that particular store is compared to other stores nationally, they will usually tell you. H&M is rumored to be two stories just like the Forever 21 on the opposite side of the mall, from what I've heard Hallmark is closing because of that and FinishLine is possibly moving to a smaller location in the mall. Body Central is relocating to where FYE was and Victoria Secret is expanding and adding there "Pink" clothing store. Even though most stores at the mall are in the bottom 10%, I never said they were underperforming. That being said the stores that are the slowest out of the chain, still make profit. Due to my lack of detail in my first post, stores like Pink & Blue, My Story, Etc wont be in the mall for much longer. The Augusta Mall has come a long way in the last several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area