U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,416 posts, read 13,320,667 times

Advertisements

Pandora, Handpicked, Downtown Locker Room, Moes, Great Wraps, and Icing... Somebody definitely has to locate outside in the promenade.

This is a perfect spot for Pandora.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 AM

11,330 posts, read 22,548,082 times
Nortonguy, can you please do me a favor? Quit hogging it all. Jeez, that's a lot of new stores. Augusta must be doing something right.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 AM

Anybody been to the mall lately? Have they started construction on any of the other new stores?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:35 AM

1,138 posts, read 2,419,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Anybody been to the mall lately? Have they started construction on any of the other new stores?
Went yesterday...didn't notice any blatant construction work, but to be honest, I wasn't really on the look out for it either LOL so I could have missed something, I've got to go back so I'll look and let you know...

Old 07-11-2010, 09:35 AM

12 posts, read 23,607 times
There's a new store open downstairs, where authentics used to be called CCS. Outside beside Chicos they have started building something, my guess Pandora.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 PM

74 posts, read 182,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwatso10 View Post
There's a new store open downstairs, where authentics used to be called CCS. Outside beside Chicos they have started building something, my guess Pandora.
Just got back from a trip to the mall, and took note of everything change-wise that I noticed.

The CCS jwats mentioned is a pretty nice looking store with a glass front basically, so you can see right in. pretty cool I must say. And as jwats said this is the former authentics location (which is the space to the right of Hot Topic)

Also as jwats said, something is being worked on between chicos and The Loft. The construction door flew open onto me as I walked by, and they're still in the early phases of construction.

There was also a wall up in the space to the left of Build-A-Bear, but I don't know if there was any construction going on. It's a very small looking space.

And to the left of Journeys (I believe the former Frederick's location) a wall was also up (which is a change from the last time I was there when the gate was just pulled down) and I'm pretty sure I heard some construction noises coming from back there.

The biggest thing i noticed though was that the Bourbon Street Cafe was not open for business. It still looks the same (no wall has been put up and the space itself hasn't really changed any) but it stuck out to me since the Chinese place next to it closed last month. Those two spaces would be a great fit for the Moe's we know is coming to the mall, so I wouldn't be suprised at all if we see Moe's locate there, with Great Wraps going in the former Cinnabon location.

Hope this is good information for you norty

Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,419,729 times
^^^ Went into CCS yesterday, I was surprised that they opened already, I was talking with one of the guys working and he said they haven't had an actual grand opening yet, just the soft opening. He said some pros are going to appear at the actual grand opening, didn't ask when that was though...

Old 07-13-2010, 04:26 PM

Kudos imacrazyalbino, a very nice and detailed report on Augusta mall.

The space you guy's are talking about on the outside. Between Chico's and Ann Taylor Loft in the promenade.. I think Pandora is probably coming to the location..

The spaces you saw near Build-A-Bear and Journeys.. Have to be the Handpicked, DTLR, or Icing store..

Last edited by nortonguy; 07-13-2010 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM

95 posts, read 208,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
^^^ Went into CCS yesterday, I was surprised that they opened already, I was talking with one of the guys working and he said they haven't had an actual grand opening yet, just the soft opening. He said some pros are going to appear at the actual grand opening, didn't ask when that was though...
Oh boy.. Better not let my kids find out.. They're skateboarding emo junkies. LOL.. Kidding! Well, about the "emo junkies" part at least. :P

If anyone knows when this is going to happen (the CCS grand opening), reply on here. This is something our whole family can enjoy. Any skaters out there?

Last edited by Yogizilla; 07-13-2010 at 05:47 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 PM

74 posts, read 182,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideDave View Post
glad to see I wasn't the only one who was surprised at how quickly they opened, haha. sounds like the official grand opening will be pretty neat though.

too bad if I was to ever get on a skateboard I would probably seriously injure myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area