Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,941 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are currently in Tulsa and want to move to Augusta. I'm trying to get input regarding issues like schools and communities(200k-250k range) to raise a family. Can you tell me what areas and school districts are the best. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 02:36 PM

215 posts, read 601,193 times
I wouldn't recommend either Harlem or Grovetown. The schools are not good and the crime is higher. The cities have a larger number of poorer neighborhoods. The good schools tend to be around Evans and Martinez. Unfortunately Evans seems to be a declining high school. I've heard of increasing crime and gangs. The last school year Evans didn't make AYP. If you are considering moving to columbia county. Be sure to check the areas around Lakeside and Greenbrier.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM

164 posts, read 391,459 times
Please stay away from Harlem. I happen to like the Greenbrier area in Evans.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:47 PM

194 posts, read 529,162 times
Overall Evans wins for best area in CC

Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times
I would go with Grovetown if it was up to me. People are more laid back. The town of Evans and Greenbriar school district in particular would be my last choice. Much more conservative and more of an "I'm wealthier than you" kind of attitude.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 AM

77 posts, read 157,791 times
if you are still moving to augusta, the best school system is in columbia county. I agree with the other posters in trying to move to Evans instead of Grovetown or Harlem unless you are into having alot of land. you can easily afford a home or condo in your price range in Evans especially with the housing market the way it is. Evans has 2 areas that are highly sought after: an older section and a newer section. the older section is around furys ferry rd and is closer to augusta. the newer section is further out near clark hill and has the greenbrier schools

Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM

41 posts, read 113,775 times
The best areas in the CSRA is Edgefield, Aiken or North Augusta. The schools are just as good and there is more trails and nature to enjoy as well as neat local restaurants and shops. If you like boring chain restaurants and generic strip malls then Columbia County is for you otherwise look across the bridge.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM

242 posts, read 596,216 times
North of Martinez in Columbia County, if you still need to move. Not everyones entertainment is restaurants and shopping. I can get up and be in SC in 15 minutes if I had to from my house in South Richmond (even less in Columbia County because of Furys Ferry Rd).

Old 04-17-2019, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 8,283 times
I don't see why people don't move to places like Hephzibah and Blyth.Lots of land quite and people can't look out their window and watch your tv. Do you want everyone to see everything you do?

Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,517,402 times
Why? Number one they are in Richmond County. The schools aren't exactly stellar there. Secondly, you have drive 15 miles or more to get to decent shopping, grocery stores, theaters and restaurants. And lastly you are under the thumb of the highly dysfunctional Augusta-Richmond county government. Columbia County certainly has it's problems but I will take it over moving back to Richmond County any day.r
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area