Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 12:11 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,593 times

Advertisements

It would seem like folly for any business to locate within a quarter mile radius of the ANGC gates at this point as eventuallly all of that land will be gobbled up by the ANGC..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
It would seem like folly for any business to locate within a quarter mile radius of the ANGC gates at this point as eventuallly all of that land will be gobbled up by the ANGC..
That or an excellent idea if you actually bought the property...

Old 03-16-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
That or an excellent idea if you actually bought the property...
True that.. just sit on it and wait for the big payday... but makes absolutely no since to build anything new in that area whn it will just get bought and torn down by The ANGC. I would not be surprised if their reach extended to a half mile radius.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:29 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,164,606 times
Final Plat approval for Spirit Pointe section 3 is up for approval on Tuesday. This subdivision is located off of Brown Rd.
Quote:
A request for concurrence with the Augusta Georgia Planning Commission to approve a petition by H & C Surveying Inc. on behalf of Hossein Golabchi, requesting final plat approval for Spirit Pointe, Section 3. This residential subdivision is located on Vantage Way, adjacent to Spirit Point, Section 2 and contains 49 lots. Reviewing agency approval 3-6-2017 DISTRICT 8

Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 AM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,309 times
Chipotle coming to Augusta Exchange and North Augusta | WJBF-TV

Quote:
CSRA (WJBF) – CSRA residents will have some new stops to get their burrito fix, this year.

NewsChannel 6 has confirmed that Chipotle will be setting up shop in the Augusta Exchange later this year.

The restaurant will also be opening a location in North Augusta, as well.

They’re both set to open in October.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
well it is certainly about time!!
I am amazed it has taken this long for Chipotle to come to Augusta. I understand Aiken has already gotten a Chipotle. Interesting they would locate in Aiken first. However I think Chipotle may find they will face stiff competition from local chain "Diablo's" which has been establish in Augusta and has a loyal customer base.. and their concept is very similar to Chipotle. I have to say that I actually now prefer Diablo's over Chipotle. It will be interesting to see how these two similar fast food concepts go head to head. I am personally rooting for Diablo's and I can potentially see Diablo's going national and competing head to head with Chipotle. That would be ironic considering that the impetus for creating Diablo's was because there was no Chipotle in Augusta so the owners created their own version locally. Maybe if Chipotle had of come into the Augusta market much sooner they could have potentially staved off the creation of a potential national competitor.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:50 AM

61 posts, read 63,175 times
Being in Aiken, with a Diablo's here as well, nobody cares that Diablo's is here. They flock to Chipotle's.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:33 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsmane View Post
Being in Aiken, with a Diablo's here as well, nobody cares that Diablo's is here. They flock to Chipotle's.
I don't find that to be true AT ALL. Visit Diablo's during a shift change at the hospital. Lunch and dinner the place is always hopping. Yes, Chipotle stays fairly busy, but that's because it's on the south side with most everything else. Another Diablo's on the south side would almost certainly keep up with, if not outpace, Chipotle.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:27 PM

220 posts, read 217,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
well it is certainly about time!!
I am amazed it has taken this long for Chipotle to come to Augusta. I understand Aiken has already gotten a Chipotle. Interesting they would locate in Aiken first. However I think Chipotle may find they will face stiff competition from local chain "Diablo's" which has been establish in Augusta and has a loyal customer base.. and their concept is very similar to Chipotle. I have to say that I actually now prefer Diablo's over Chipotle. It will be interesting to see how these two similar fast food concepts go head to head. I am personally rooting for Diablo's and I can potentially see Diablo's going national and competing head to head with Chipotle. That would be ironic considering that the impetus for creating Diablo's was because there was no Chipotle in Augusta so the owners created their own version locally. Maybe if Chipotle had of come into the Augusta market much sooner they could have potentially staved off the creation of a potential national competitor.
I agree with everything you just said.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:27 AM

61 posts, read 63,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
I don't find that to be true AT ALL. Visit Diablo's during a shift change at the hospital. Lunch and dinner the place is always hopping. Yes, Chipotle stays fairly busy, but that's because it's on the south side with most everything else. Another Diablo's on the south side would almost certainly keep up with, if not outpace, Chipotle.
Isn't there one on the SS by Bi-Lo's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area