Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,137,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Don't forget the price tag that come with this so call luxury resort : “We like to think of our communities as a cruise ship on land, if you will,” Thornton said. “It’s an all-inclusive package that you would associate with the words luxury and resort.” The three-story facility planned for Marshall Square will have about 165 residents in 130 apartments, with an anticipated average rent of about $3,000 per month, Thornton said. The “all-inclusive” price includes meals, utilities, shuttle transportation and activities.

Good luck on that 3,000 per month..As much as I like Evans and all.....3,000 per month is too much for seniors on a fixed income. Heck we don't even spend 3,000 per month for a family of 5 with 2 cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM

2,214 posts, read 3,363,764 times
Walmart spokesman Bill Wertz said there is no timeline for when the Martinez market will open, but it will go into the 35,000-square-foot Food Lion in the Village at Furys Ferry shopping center on the corner of Furys Ferry and Evans-to-Locks roads. Food Lion closed that store about a year ago.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM

937 posts, read 1,791,488 times
Any new developments coming to the aug exchange area?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Walmart spokesman Bill Wertz said there is no timeline for when the Martinez market will open, but it will go into the 35,000-square-foot Food Lion in the Village at Furys Ferry shopping center on the corner of Furys Ferry and Evans-to-Locks roads. Food Lion closed that store about a year ago.
I guess downtown will not get the neighborhood Wal mart since they building one at the Village

Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM

Major Columbia County road projects will greet visitors next year | Mobile Augusta
The CSRA is changing just before our eyes slowly but a steady progress

Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,013,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
Any new developments coming to the aug exchange area?
The Home 2 Suites by Hilton and the Dunkin Donuts/Diablo/Which Wich development is open. The Residence Inn by Marriott will break ground this year.

Quote:
I guess downtown will not get the neighborhood Wal mart since they building one at the Village
The two developments aren't related, and the distance between the Medical District & Martinez is pretty far.

The Martinez development is one single business, and the development in the Medical District is suppose to be 25 acres. If the neighborhood Walmart doesn't come to the MD. The reason is due to either Publix or something better taking it's place.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The Home 2 Suites by Hilton and the Dunkin Donuts/Diablo/Which Wich development is open. The Residence Inn by Marriott will break ground this year.

The two developments aren't related, and the distance between the Medical District & Martinez is pretty far.

The Martinez development is one single business, and the development in the Medical District is suppose to be 25 acres. If the neighborhood Walmart doesn't come to the MD. The reason is due to either Publix or something better taking it's place.
That good news to me I hoping that Wal-mart don't locate in that area. Wal-mart will be a business killer for downtown.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 AM

937 posts, read 1,791,488 times
I don't think so , there is a wal mart in downtown Atlanta that is doing very well!!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,504 posts, read 15,013,647 times
Quote:
That good news to me I hoping that Wal-mart don't locate in that area. Wal-mart will be a business killer for downtown.
The Medical District is not apart of the real downtown, and it's the Walmart neighborhood market concept(grocery store).

Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
I don't think so , there is a wal mart in downtown Atlanta that is doing very well!!
Yes I think wal-mart will do good but the other businesses around them going to have a hard time surviving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area