Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 10:57 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times

Advertisements

The North Augusta Greeneway is amazing. I wish Augusta would do something like it.. though the canal trail is coming close
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 12:11 PM

515 posts, read 632,225 times
DOT Data Could Lead to the Rebuilding of a Major Bridge - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken

Old 02-08-2015, 12:18 PM

119 posts, read 204,453 times
This is a project long overdue. I wonder if Gdot could foot the bill for the project since SC lacks funding in exchange for Sc footing the bill for a future border crossing widening such as I-85 or I-95 which are also need but not as dangerous would really speed this along.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:45 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingMat View Post
This is a project long overdue. I wonder if Gdot could foot the bill for the project since SC lacks funding in exchange for Sc footing the bill for a future border crossing widening such as I-85 or I-95 which are also need but not as dangerous would really speed this along.
I don't think it works that way. I could see the two states combining funding with Georgia providing the bulk and using federal dollars to cover the rest.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:43 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Aiken Tech Building New Center for Energy – Debt Free | Buzz On Biz

Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Very unflattering news for the devleopers of the Washington Crossing shopping center...

Liens placed on Washington Crossing - Metro SpiritMetro Spirit

Quote:
The liens amount to more than $200,000 that these companies claim the developer still owes them.

For instance, the locally-owned business Chaplin and Sons Clearing and Demolition claims it is owed approximately $140,000 on the project. Sig Cox, Inc. is still waiting to receive its $34,520 that was billed to the principal contractor on the project, Young Contracting of Atlanta, back on Sept. 18. Mid-South Interiors and Exteriors has filed not just one, but two liens on the property in the amount of $17,748 and $37,246. And just last month, Augusta Concrete Block Company filed a lien in the amount of $8,887 on Washington Crossing, LLC, while Augusta Ready Mix also filed a lien on the property in the amount of $2,791 for materials it provided to the project for Central Masonry, Inc.

Most of the companies that claim they are owed money are based right here in Augusta. Meanwhile, the commercial real estate development firm behind the project, S.J. Collins Enterprises, is based in Fairburn, Ga. Some people speculate that the developer is simply dragging its feet in paying these local companies, but several insiders believe Washington Crossing, LLC is trying to wait folks out until they are willing to settle for less than what is owed.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:50 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times
More apartments, hotel coming to Gateway area near Grovetown | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 02-21-2015, 11:09 AM

119 posts, read 204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
I don't think it works that way. I could see the two states combining funding with Georgia providing the bulk and using federal dollars to cover the rest.
Is it possible for both states to require all commercial vehicles not making local deliveries to uses I-520 until the project is complete out of saftey concerns for the city drinking water also easing some traffic concerns. I'm sure this will be done once construction starts but can it be done prior to that.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times
Quote:
With funding from the Transportation Investment Act, or T-SPLOST, approved by voters in 2012, two road widening projects totaling $11 million are scheduled to begin next year to alleviate congestion on Wrightsboro and Robinson, though the problem may worsen before it gets better, Neal said. The projects will take almost two years to complete, so drivers can expect to navigate construction sites instead of just congestion.
However, the upgrades will help accommodate one of the city’s most ambitious projects – the development of a downtown district with restaurants, retail stores and housing.
James said this project will depend on the investment of private developers who see potential in the city’s future growth and is a way to keep residents from going elsewhere for shopping and entertainment.
The vision is to have multi-use buildings along Robinson Avenue that could feature a store on the ground floor, offices in the middle and loft apartments on top.
Grovetown preparing for growth | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 02-22-2015, 05:27 PM

515 posts, read 632,225 times
Upscale service hotel to join Gander Mountain, CarMax | Mobile Augusta
Looks like a Hyatt Place hotel is coming to the Augusta area. Glad to see a new brand in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area