Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times

Advertisements

Come out and see why Augusta continues to receive top rankings by Forbes, Business Week, and MSNBC. An event you definitely do not want to miss! Free admission to everyone!

The Young Professionals of Augusta along with Mayor Deke Copenhaver and the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce are proud to host the 2010 Mayor's Economic Summit on Wednesday, May 19th at the Maxwell Theatre at Augusta State University from 3pm-5pm. The event will have four speakers from four major economic sectors of Augusta.

The speakers at the event:
General Jeff Foley-Fort Gordon
Walter Dukes-Georgia Power/Plant Vogtle
Cliff Webb-SRNS Public Affairs-SRS
R. Lee Smith-Augusta Medical Community
http://www.ypaugusta.com/images/stories/EconomicSummit.jpg (broken link)
Young Professionals of Augusta
http://www.augustaga.gov/archives/95...May%2019th.pdf

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-18-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Four pillars of Augusta's economy, Fort Gordon, the medical industry, Savannah River Site and Plant Vogtle, will be the focus of a Wednesday afternoon summit at Augusta State University. Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver is conducting the economic summit to tout the positives of investment and jobs in the four areas. "Based on my conversations with counterparts in other cities, we're doing better than most regions at this point," Copenhaver said

Copenhaver said the billions in spending at SRS, Plant Vogtle, the NSA building and new housing at Fort Gordon are driving these rankings. The mayor said he envisions a series of different economic forums, in the future focusing on the effects of arts and institutions of higher learning. "I don't think I'm your typical politician. I don't talk in sound bites. I really do try to educate people. This, I think, will educate the public. It should make them excited about the city," Copenhaver said.
Mayor hosting economic summit Wednesday | The Augusta Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area