Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM

308 posts, read 1,463,899 times

Advertisements

then I guess no one will use this service. even google got their customers' email account hacked. don't think apple can do better
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
You're thinking of the "find my iphone" feature which is completely different than what neuling is referring to (iAds). To support iAds in the new OS, the privacy statement says that you agree to allow apple to access you location information (and some other tidbits) and send it back to Apple for their use (in this case to drive their ad engine).

Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 PM

207 posts, read 855,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTexas View Post
I was not aware of an EVO coming out that's white.

People were waiting at 4 in the morning and some even at midnight to get the EVO, but of course when the new iPhone comes out people will be waiting for days haha.

The white one is currently a Best Buy exclusive. Its not all white though. Only the back is white. The front bezel is still black. Personally I like my all black Evo.

Iphone 4 doesn't look to bad but I'm sure there are alot of Apple fanboys who will be disappointed. Its not that big of a leap from the 3GS.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:02 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,211,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
... Its not all white though. Only the back is white. The front bezel is still black. Personally I like my all black Evo ... Its not that big of a leap from the 3GS.
True, having twice he RAM, a faster processor, double the screen resolution, quadruple the contrast ratio, new gyroscopic sensor, new front facing camera, ability to record in 720P, increase in camera resolution from 3MP to 5MP, LED flash, better battery life, noise canceling microphone, 802.11n, etc pretty much makes it almost exactly the same as the 3Gs

BTW, the front is white, you're thinking of the 3G and 3Gs

Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
True, having twice he RAM, a faster processor, double the screen resolution, quadruple the contrast ratio, new gyroscopic sensor, new front facing camera, ability to record in 720P, increase in camera resolution from 3MP to 5MP, LED flash, better battery life, noise canceling microphone, 802.11n, etc pretty much makes it almost exactly the same as the 3Gs

BTW, the front is white, you're thinking of the 3G and 3Gs

Maybe if you quoted my whole post and read it right you would get it right.

When I referred to a white phone, I was responding to a post about a white EVO that is coming out in July.

And I never said there weren't differences between the Iphone4 and the 3GS. I said it wasn't that big of a leap (as in, I'm not impressed). Sorry I have an opinion that differs from you

You did forget one thing though in your list of specs taken straight from some article: The Iphone4 is still choked by the second rate network that is AT&T.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:21 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,211,078 times
Quote:
Maybe if you quoted my whole post and read it right you would get it right.

When I referred to a white phone, I was responding to a post about a white EVO that is coming out in July.

And I never said there weren't differences between the Iphone4 and the 3GS. I said it wasn't that big of a leap (as in, I'm not impressed). Sorry I have an opinion that differs from you
True I did misread your post about the white evo vs white iphone, my bad there.

However, while you may not be impressed by the iphone4 feature set, to say that it's not big leap above the 3Gs seems a bit disingenuous. The differences are rather large (as I've stated). I do think though that a very valid argument can be made for the fact that in reality, the 3Gs really is just fine for most people who don't get caught up in having the "latest" (just as your evo is just fine relative to the newly announced droid X for many/most people).

BTW, no need to apologize for having differing opinion, I understand.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
True I did misread your post about the white evo vs white iphone, my bad there.

However, while you may not be impressed by the iphone4 feature set, to say that it's not big leap above the 3Gs seems a bit disingenuous. The differences are rather large (as I've stated). I do think though that a very valid argument can be made for the fact that in reality, the 3Gs really is just fine for most people who don't get caught up in having the "latest" (just as your evo is just fine relative to the newly announced droid X for many/most people).

BTW, no need to apologize for having differing opinion, I understand.

My point is that new phones should make people want to switch carriers to have the latest and greatest. I don't think Apple did that for ATT with the Iphone4. Will they sell alot of phones? Sure. Because they already have a huge base to pull from. I don't think the iPhone4 is going to drive alot of people away from Sprint or Verizon given the phones that they have on the market (EVO) or are coming soon (Droid X and Droid 2).

By the way, the EVO is more than "just fine" compared to the Droid X. Its not like the EVO has been out for 6 months. Its barely 3 weeks old (well, 6 weeks or so if you count Google I/O) and is the flagship phone on Sprints network.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,511,547 times
Quote:
The Iphone4 is still choked by the second rate network that is AT&T.
Yep. You gotta love the fact that the iPhone does everything really well except working as a phone. My Verizon Wireless Blackberry beats the snot out of iPhone in that department.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Yep. You gotta love the fact that the iPhone does everything really well except working as a phone. My Verizon Wireless Blackberry beats the snot out of iPhone in that department.
It's an iPhonyphone

Old 06-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,944,336 times
The original premise of the thread was Austin-based, but now that we've passed the first few hours of opening day, the conversation has drifted into territory of the Cell Phones and Smartphones forum.

There's already a thread on the iPhone 4 there, so feel free to join it. This thread is now closed.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cell-...-4-iphone.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: