Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 22,427 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move into Ranch at Brushy Creek @ Cedar park. I like several things about the community. The place where we are now - close to North Mopac does not have many critters.

I see a lot of construction happening there. So I am concerned about scorpions, snakes etc in the R@BC area. Anyone seen them? Lot of them? Any other pests to be aware of ? Fire ants of course are everywhere in Texas, so I am kinda prepared to be safe from them.

Thanks!
Spacekid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM

29 posts, read 107,543 times
You're likely to have spiders, scorpions and other pests around your home if you purchase new construction anywhere in this area, and R@BC is no different. Once the homes around yours are finished and you enlist the help of a pest control company, it usually drops off.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:58 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,982,801 times
We are right behind R@BC in Walsh Trails (new build, one year ago) and we have seen many of all the above-mentioned pests...we treat with commercial-grade pesticides and it helps, but they still appear. I'm sure once our neighborhoods are completely connected with concrete and most of the trees are removed, they'll leave.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:47 AM

18 posts, read 53,552 times
I have lived in Cedar Park for 6 years. I live in Forest Oaks and have never seen one scorpion. Used to see them all the time closer to the lake but for some reason they are not many of them in my part of Cedar Park.

Good luck on your move. Cedar Park is a wonderful place live.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,124,028 times
I live in RaBC and we had a few scorpions our first year but after that we haven't had any. I haven't seen a snake but my wife swears that she did once. We did get a couple of tarantula's this summer which freaked us out.

We do have a ton of frogs, gecko's, and dragon fly's that have adopted our yard which we enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin