Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
rjs rjs started this thread

60 posts, read 218,156 times

Advertisements

Can anyone (please no locators, realtors or friends of them) please...recommend apts to look at

- within 20-30 minute drive of I35\71 that is

- Not a college frat house type complex ( Noise, drunkenness at pool )

- Is safe to live . ( not a repeated Auto Burglary parking lot )

- Landlord Mgmt is an advocate of their tenants 'reasonable
complaints'

I have dealt with a locator but seem to only get price\location criteria hits and they all (71 west) seem to be heavy college, or auto burglury, or infamous for apt mgmt attitude problems towards the PAYING TENNANT.

I've read horror stories about:

- Alexan Gallery
- Camden Gaines Ranch - BUGS, ANTS, SNAKES in apts
- Regency Park - ( VERY BAD RATINGS )

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
A previous similar thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/8552646-post21.html

Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM

5 posts, read 12,396 times
I just moved out of IMT Monterey Ranch after living there 4 years and I liked it. Its directly between Mopac and 71 and 7 miles from downtown. They recently just got new management, so things could change but we never had any issues with them. Its mostly families, but there are a few younger people living there as well. We never had any problems with loud partying. The floors can be kind of thin, so I'd suggest getting an apt on the upper floor (they have 2 and 3 story apt complexes) and you'll be good to go!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 PM

17 posts, read 51,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate0110 View Post
I just moved out of IMT Monterey Ranch after living there 4 years and I liked it. Its directly between Mopac and 71 and 7 miles from downtown. They recently just got new management, so things could change but we never had any issues with them. Its mostly families, but there are a few younger people living there as well. We never had any problems with loud partying. The floors can be kind of thin, so I'd suggest getting an apt on the upper floor (they have 2 and 3 story apt complexes) and you'll be good to go!

+1 for IMT! Lived there for over a year now and we like it.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM

515 posts, read 1,396,672 times
We are renting at the Preserve @Travis Creek and we really like it a lot. It's VERY quiet and we would consider it safe. It just got voted as property of the year and we have zero complaints about the complex. The management keeps the place really nice and always responds to anything we need fixed within 24 hours. We are on Southwest Parkway and Mopac and takes us less than 10 minutes to get into central Austin.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,040 times
It might be kinda far, but I recommend Stone Gate @ Southpark, its on the Northbound side...Pretty Cheap, quiet and spacious apts. I moved in July and nothing but good things.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,016,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat_Guy View Post
It might be kinda far, but I recommend Stone Gate @ Southpark, its on the Northbound side...Pretty Cheap, quiet and spacious apts. I moved in July and nothing but good things.
It's 9 miles south and west of downtown though, so it could meet the criteria.

That place is really nice - gated as well. I also like that it gets it's own overpass for easy access. You can get straight on the highway when exiting your place as well, with a direct shot to downtown. I believe there are tennis courts, volleyball, pool, raquet courts, a spa and an on-site dog park. Southpark Meadows is literally a stone's throw away with about 120+ stores. Very convenient part of town.

Here is the directory:

http://www.shopsouthparkmeadows.com/_FileLibrary/FileImage/40/SPM_Directory1.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by jobert; 09-02-2010 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,016,857 times
There are the Deerfield apartments on Brodie lane is SW Austin:

MURDER ..., Recommended, Apr 12, 2010, apartment review of Deerfield Apartments in Austin, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin