Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,478 times

Advertisements

my hysband and i have decided enough is enough.we are also leaving calif. wait,before you throw us into the full of attitude,winers liberal etc.pot let me say this: we are more conservative than liberal. i just happen to have been born in ca. my husband retired from the marine corp after serving 22 yrs. we love this country but hate ca. people here are unpatriotic and could care less about this country. you cant beat the weather here but we are willing to give it up to live amongst like-minded,hard-working AMERICANS.ca has become an "illegal infested" h--- hole demanding rights that are not theirs.last time i check crimanals have no rights(except in ca)we choose texas because we believe that we share the same values as most texans.i agree with the one blogger that said (sorry i cant remember the name)it said"i hope that people moving to texas from calif do not slowly change it into another libel nanny state "that would be really sad.i am still doing research on where we will live.we still have a full year before we can actually leave here cant wait to become a texan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 04:39 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoggedout View Post
you cant beat the weather here but we are willing to give it up to live amongst like-minded,hard-working AMERICANS.ca has become an "illegal infested" h--- hole demanding rights that are not theirs.last time i check crimanals have no rights(except in ca)we choose texas because we believe that we share the same values as most texans.
If living with immigrants from Mexico and points south is bothering you, you should not move to Texas.... or Arizona or New Mexico. And remember that, although people argue about how real it is, Austin still calls itself a sanctuary city.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM

152 posts, read 280,964 times
smoggedout, it sounds like you would be happier in alaska with sara or minnesota with michelle, not austin....

Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 PM

515 posts, read 1,397,115 times
Quote:
my hysband and i have decided enough is enough.we are also leaving calif. wait,before you throw us into the full of attitude,winers liberal etc.pot let me say this: we are more conservative than liberal. i just happen to have been born in ca. my husband retired from the marine corp after serving 22 yrs. we love this country but hate ca. people here are unpatriotic and could care less about this country. you cant beat the weather here but we are willing to give it up to live amongst like-minded,hard-working AMERICANS.ca has become an "illegal infested" h--- hole demanding rights that are not theirs.last time i check crimanals have no rights(except in ca)we choose texas because we believe that we share the same values as most texans.i agree with the one blogger that said (sorry i cant remember the name)it said"i hope that people moving to texas from calif do not slowly change it into another libel nanny state "that would be really sad.i am still doing research on where we will live.we still have a full year before we can actually leave here cant wait to become a texan
I'm also from CA, and we moved to Austin last year. Judging from your post I think you might be happier in Houston or Dallas if you decided to move to Texas. We call Austin the Berkeley of Texas, otherwise I don't think I could have moved here. Austin, in my opinion is a fairly liberal city. As one poster said, you might be happier in the northern part of the country.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,478 times
i would like to respond to in the cut comment about people leaving calif because they can no longer afford to live here. that may be the case with some but for the most part people are leaving because they do not like what is happening here.gov. is corrupt, mexicans have taken over,people are lazy and do not want to work because the gov. here hands out plenty. we are going to leave calif also and we CAN afford to live here. i will retire next year frim my job.my husband is retired from the marine corp after 22 yrs.and have a really good job of almost 12 yrs. we have just had enough of the these unamerican,unpatriotic ungrateful cry-babies here.so yes,some of us can still afford to live here but do not like what has happened here and we can afford to move.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Are you texting?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
i would like to respond to in the cut comment about people leaving calif because they can no longer afford to live here. that may be the case with some but for the most part people are leaving because they do not like what is happening here.gov. is corrupt, mexicans have taken over,people are lazy and do not want to work because the gov. here hands out plenty. we are going to leave calif also and we CAN afford to live here. i will retire next year frim my job.my husband is retired from the marine corp after 22 yrs.and have a really good job of almost 12 yrs. we have just had enough of the these unamerican,unpatriotic ungrateful cry-babies here.so yes,some of us can still afford to live here but do not like what has happened here and we can afford to move.
We could afford to live in California but we moved to Austin last year for family reasons. I have to say that I disagree with just about everything you said in this post. I believe I am the same person I was when I lived there, and I am not an "unamerican, unpatriotic, ungrateful cry-baby," and I didn't live on hand-outs. Your comments are offensive and racist, and I doubt that Austin is the place for you (I hope not.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin