Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 11:43 PM

40 posts, read 109,136 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever been there or heard of this place? Spent the last two hours looking for it the other day. I swear, it's like the Narnia of Gyms.

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY where this place is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,052 times
I've heard of it, but never been. He was with (may have owned) Hyde Park Gym a long time ago. Here's info on Richard Lord's Gym...I hope it's current:
Richard Lord's Boxing Gym - Austin, TX, 78751 - Citysearch
Google map shows it just north of the intersection of North Loop and North Lamar. Headed north on Lamar from that intersection, first you'll come to Parker Uniforms, then Fashion Floors, then the next building should be the one that houses his gym. I believe it fronts Lamar, but you may have to go around back. Not sure.

Last edited by capcat; 09-02-2010 at 12:11 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:40 AM

322 posts, read 846,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcat View Post
I've heard of it, but never been. He was with (may have owned) Hyde Park Gym a long time ago. Here's info on Richard Lord's Gym...I hope it's current:
Richard Lord's Boxing Gym - Austin, TX, 78751 - Citysearch
Google map shows it just north of the intersection of North Loop and North Lamar. Headed north on Lamar from that intersection, first you'll come to Parker Uniforms, then Fashion Floors, then the next building should be the one that houses his gym. I believe it fronts Lamar, but you may have to go around back. Not sure.
It's behind the old Goodwill location. I've heard good things about it, but have never been there myself.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 AM

40 posts, read 109,136 times
Quote:
It's behind the old Goodwill location.
The "old" one? Where's that?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:55 AM

322 posts, read 846,973 times
It's where the previous poster said. North of north loop on the intersection of lamar. There is a building that has a flooring place on the corner, then the next building (I'm pretty sure it's the next one) used to have the "old" Goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin