Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,012 times

Advertisements

Onion Creek is a good place to include in your search. This area has rapidly improving schools, is projected to be the fastest growing area in the Austin metro over the next 10 years, and has held it value better than almost anywhere else in Austin. The price range fits as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Purchasing House in Austin Area Soon-78747.bmp  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM

732 posts, read 2,126,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Onion Creek is a good place to include in your search. This area has rapidly improving schools, is projected to be the fastest growing area in the Austin metro over the next 10 years, and has held it value better than almost anywhere else in Austin. The price range fits as well.
I heard it shares the same zip code as some unsavory areas. That can't be good.

On a more serious note, I looked around there on Google Maps street view. I like the look of the neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinking View Post
I heard it shares the same zip code as some unsavory areas. That can't be good.
Hasn't been bad, though. It's a very low crime neighborhood. I think we discussed that in another thread about a house on Ipswich, a discussion which you were a part of.

Sinking, what areas were you looking at houses when house hunting?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Hasn't been bad, though. It's a very low crime neighborhood.

Where were you looking at houses earlier?
That was a joke about the Circle C versus Onion Creek comparison from another thread.

When I was first looking it was east of 35, north of 71, south of Parmer. Obviously my price range did not allow me to be too picky about specific neighborhoods. I ended up finding a house west of Mopac off of 183 that I will close on tomorrow. Currently living off of Slaughter so I am looking forward to not driving through downtown on 35 every morning on my way to work up north.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM

24 posts, read 74,228 times
My spouse likes the looks of Circle C. Another HOA, ugh!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
That was a joke about the Circle C versus Onion Creek comparison from another thread.

When I was first looking it was east of 35, north of 71, south of Parmer. Obviously my price range did not allow me to be too picky about specific neighborhoods. I ended up finding a house west of Mopac off of 183 that I will close on tomorrow. Currently living off of Slaughter so I am looking forward to not driving through downtown on 35 every morning on my way to work up north.

You bought a house? Congratulations!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I looked around there on Google Maps street view. I like the look of the neighborhood.
Some of the houses in Onion Creek are gorgeous and one-of-a-kind. The neighborhood was built before tract developers took over suburbia. It's difficult to find "old money" areas like that in the suburbs anymore.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi10s View Post
My spouse likes the looks of Circle C. Another HOA, ugh!
Circle C is a wonderful area with good schools. You're going to find that most of the southern Travis county neighborhoods have HOAs. As THL and Sinking alluded to earlier, where you work is of great importance in deciding where to live. Generally speaking, it's good practice to both live and work on the same side of the river. If you work downtown, the tie goes to living south, but that's just my opinion.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You bought a house? Congratulations!
Thanks.

Quote:
Some of the houses in Onion Creek are gorgeous and one-of-a-kind. The neighborhood was built before tract developers took over suburbia. It's difficult to find "old money" areas like that in the suburbs anymore.
Tract houses are definitely not my style. That is another reason I liked the look of the neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:58 PM

24 posts, read 74,228 times
Working from home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin