Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,775,114 times

Advertisements

You're likely allergic to Ragweed if it's peaked in the past couple of weeks.

Peak of Ragweed Season in Austin | kvue.com | Austin News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | Mark's Weather Blog (http://www.kvue.com/community/blogs/marks-weather-blog/PeakOfRagweedSeason-103968014.html - broken link)

However, a new place brings new allergies. When I go to Virginia, I am miserable with allergies. When I went to Dallas this past weekend, my allergies worsened. I've built up a tolerance here, except when Oak trees are pollenating and after a rain, due to high mold counts. I can't shake those two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,033,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizionblind View Post
So when should it "let up" ?
unfortunately never.. Im lucky I dont have them, but almost everyone else does.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 AM

187 posts, read 465,741 times
Quote:
So when should it "let up" ?
Everyone is right ... welcome to the Allergy Capital of Texas where we have year round seasonal allergies!

I use pollen.com & pay attention to the allergy forecasts on the evening news to find out whether or not a zyrtec needs to be taken that day.

And somedays, nothing but a tissue stuffed up my nose works! LOL!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,968,043 times
I've got to admit, mine are worse the past few weeks too. I'm not usually a medicine-taker but I tried those Zicam Allergy Relief gel swabs and they WORK!! The helped reduce the sneezing and they totally cleared up my sinus-congested head, almost instantly, so I could breathe again. They're not addicting and menthol based. LOVE THEM!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,822,728 times
See this allergy chart, it shows what is pollenating every month of the year. Whether they bother you or not depends on what you are allergic to. Mold is the only thing that is common at some level all year long.

Mountain Cedar season is coming up, it is really bad in Dec. & January, pollen so thick it leaves green piles in the gutters and a thick layer of dust on cars.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM

185 posts, read 461,351 times
just moved up to Bastrop 2 months ago, and yea my allergies have been pretty bad.......medicine is the only remedy I guess?!?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:15 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,252,683 times
Yes, mine have been horrible too. Especially after opening the windows at the house during this stretch of COOL nights. Hopefully whatever is causing it will blow away soon.

Quote:
I just moved to the Austin area about a month ago from VA and my allergies are at an all time high. The only time I git allergies in VA was the change from spring to summer!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,822,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
See this allergy chart, it shows what is pollenating every month of the year. Whether they bother you or not depends on what you are allergic to. Mold is the only thing that is common at some level all year long.

Mountain Cedar season is coming up, it is really bad in Dec. & January, pollen so thick it leaves green piles in the gutters and a thick layer of dust on cars.
Here is the image http://www.centraltexasallergy.com/pollenchart.gif

Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,869,755 times
Yeah, the allergies here are hideous. My personal cocktail: Zyrtec, Singulair and Flonase just before bedtime. During the day (especially after being outside) I blast each nostril with a saline nasal spray to wash out allergens. I also use allergy eyedrops because the itching becomes maddening. What a drag.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM

653 posts, read 1,787,289 times
My allergies were worse in Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin