Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 PM

66 posts, read 202,711 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am trying to learn more about southwest subdivisions, and which ones have a pool (I know about the public pool - Dick Nichols). I guess I should also add playground. I'm finding it hard to learn what the subdivisions are, specifically their boundaries and amenities, and the HOA websites I've found are scant on content.

I am particularly interested in the neighborhoods closer to MOPAC/290 because of the proximity to central Austin and the Austin HS tracking. But if I'm going to move farther out (from central Austin), I really want access to a (non-public) pool! However, the pics I've seen of pools so far (Western Oaks, Legend oaks, Circle C swim center) have no shade. :-(

Another thing I am keeping my eye out for is mosquito density. Where I live they are very dense, and not just dusk/dawn.

Starting from 290 and MOPAC heading south/southwest, I figured out that the first neighborhood is Westcreek (where Patton ES and Small MS are), and that there are no amenities (probably is not an HOA?). Then, south of Wm Cannon is a small neighborhood around the street Woodcreek, called Western Oaks, and it has a pool, playground and tennis and basketball courts (and a lot greenbelt). Unfortunately, there aren't tons of kids there. To the west of that, I see Legend Oaks has 2 pools, and apparently that subdivision is bisected by Escarpment, but I dont know the boundaries. After that it is a blur, especially with names like X of Y Oaks or Y at Z thing. ;-)

Once you get down to Circle C, there is more info online, I guess because they were developed after the age of the Internet.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM

I should add that I am not looking so much at Travis Country because I prefer city streets and moving to a subdivision will be enough of an adjustment - don't want to live in one that you have to get on a highway (SW parkway) to get anywhere. I don't like a rural feel.

In fact, I would be interested in south Austin (south of Ben White, probably - Barton Hills is overpriced) but for lack of neighborhood/subdivision pools.

Thanks for any info!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,022,299 times
You never gave a price range. There are HOA neighborhoods with pools that range from 150K to over 1MM across southern half of Travis county. If you're concerned about high school ratings, the only one to avoid would be Crockett, as it is the only HS south of the river that isn't 'recognized' - The same goes for Covington Middle School. All the others are 'recognized'

for find the attendance area for a given property, check the AISD website below.

https://access.austinisd.org/school_boundaries/?lang=en

Last edited by jobert; 10-19-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM

Thanks for your post.

Re schools, it's not ratings. Though I prefer Austin HS (for one reason, their Global Studies program), I wouldn't rule out Bowie or a new Circle C HS, which is why I'd like to learn about the neighborhoods south of Western Oaks and Legend Oaks.

As for range, not sure. I am starting by seeing what you get for what amount of money, but for the purposed of this post, we could say $200-$300k. Maybe a little more for the perfect situation. Square footage: 1800-2300 sf.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:21 PM

I drove thru Shady Hollow today. So far it has the nicest HOA pool - with beautiful trees that partially shade the pool. I wonder how the mosquitoes are in Shady Hollow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin