Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 PM

37 posts, read 163,123 times

Advertisements

My parents are planning to visit me in Austin in March. They are going to use their timeshare for lodgings. They sent me the following three places as possibilities. Can anyone provide feedback & experiences on these to help us choose one (and/or suggest a better one not on the list)?

Texas Timeshare in Lakeway, 100 Star St., Austin

The Owners Club at Barton Creek, 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin

The Shores at Lake Travis, 1917 American Dr., Lago Vista

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 AM

3,202 posts, read 5,991,875 times
They all seem like nice locations, but mileage may vary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarskull View Post
Texas Timeshare in Lakeway, 100 Star St., Austin
Far

Quote:
The Owners Club at Barton Creek, 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin
Close

Quote:
The Shores at Lake Travis, 1917 American Dr., Lago Vista
Realllly far

I guess it depends on where you live, for example if you live in Leander, then the Lago Vista (north shore) location wouldn't be so bad. If you live south, then it would be a 90 minute drive. My 2 cents.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,810,040 times
Lago Vista will be an almost prohibitively long drive to get to Austin, if they actually want to visit the city. Lakeway is a better option if you want to be close to the lake, but as jobert said -- still far.

Barton Creek is closer to the city. Might be more expensive, though. Are they planning on golf or any other activities?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:15 PM

37 posts, read 163,123 times
The distance from Austin is not too much of an issue, I was planning on taking the week off work and going with them. My dad likes the outdoors, hiking and nature stuff. We would probably spend a day or two in Austin to see some key sights and then drive out to the condo and stay there for the rest of the week. So, anyone have opinions on the places themselves? I'm thinking they will enjoy being on the lake, does it matter what part of the lake we are on?

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2010, 08:49 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,624,392 times
The owners club at Barton Creek is very nice not sure about th e other ones. Does have a nature type setting along with the golf course and the spa. Pretty close to the downtown/UT area. The houses themselves are really nice. Good views with some of them. Folks at the desk really nice. Not really on the lake not to far away. Nice beds in the houses, Hard to get into during UT season when they are playing in town. Have small bbq pits outside the garages. 2 masters and 1 other bedroom with 2 twins. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin