Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,433,942 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on this community. We are thinking of Circle C or Meridian but want to know if Bauerle Ranch is something we should consider. It is off of Slaughter west of Mopac. About 4 miles from Circle C. Type of people living in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 10:22 PM

164 posts, read 727,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Does anyone have any information on this community. We are thinking of Circle C or Meridian but want to know if Bauerle Ranch is something we should consider. It is off of Slaughter west of Mopac. About 4 miles from Circle C. Type of people living in this area?
You're MUCH better off in Circle C or Meridian, though check on the middle schools with Meridian. I'm not sure which middle school they'll go to, but Circle C will be getting their own middle school fall of 2009, and Bailey Middle School's population will be changing drastically when the Circle C kids pull out.

Bauerle is one of those areas that's tinkering on the fate of the school change. I'm not sure I'd invest my money there. Circle C is hard to beat as far as schools and home value when comparing the three areas.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM

5 posts, read 33,312 times
Default Type of People in Bauerle Ranch

My husband, young son, and I live in Bauerle Ranch. We also have several co-workers and friends that have moved there as well. We are both engineers and most of our friends are as well. The community definitely ranges. In my little street we have a airplane pilot, a couple of retired couples, high-tech engineers, graphic designers, a handy man (with his own business), people that work form their home, young couples with small children and the list goes on. It is really a great little community. My family has lived in different locations in Austin, but we feel more at home in this community and we actually have gotten to know our neighbors.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Bauerle Ranch

I always see posts stating that people should move to Circle C or Meridian because the schools are so much better than at Bauerle Ranch. This makes it sound as though Bauerle Ranch was in the ghetto. It's not. The schools are just fine. A school is what you make out of it. Families need to be involved. My husband and I, who are both engineers, chose not to move to Circle C or Meridian because it seemed rather snobbish. Especially with those types of attitudes. We researched schools and found that Akins High School is pretty good. We even know teachers that teach there. Circle C and Meridian are composed of mostly highend middle class citizens, so the schools reflect this.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Home values

Oops, forgot to mention. If you are looking at home values. I have lived in Bauerle Ranch for a little over a year, and my home value has already gone up by $60K. South Austin is booming, especially with AMD moving in.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 AM

230 posts, read 544,932 times
Isn't it east of mopac?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Yes. It's east of Brodie and south of slaughter. The best way to describe it in between Westgate and Manchaca and south of Slaughter Lane.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM

230 posts, read 544,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by im4austin View Post
Yes. It's east of Brodie and south of slaughter. The best way to describe it in between Westgate and Manchaca and south of Slaughter Lane.

The original poster stated west of mopac. I was just correcting the post. It is a nice are we have some friends that own a house there.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 AM

112 posts, read 484,952 times
I have to say you are MUCH better moving to Circle C or Meridian! No disrespect to the fine people in Bauerle Ranch, but the differences are major! First off just start with reputation. Circle C is know all around Austin as a GREAT place to live. It is family friendly with bike lanes, trails, shops and very nice schools. Bauerle Ranch has Akins High School- and that is bad news. I live right down the street from Bauerle Ranch so I also have the "Akins" school thing over my head. It is a bad school (just ask APD school officers). Circle C has Bowie. Bowie has a long tradition of being a top notch school in AISD. Then just look at the home you get for the price. My wife and I started looking for a new home earlier this year. We went to Bauerle Ranch, and Meridian. A house in Bauerle Ranch that is $265,000 looks like a home that is $150,000. No tile, no marble tops, etc. Just a fact. Lastly, ask a realtor- I am willing to bet they will say the same things.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM

3,202 posts, read 6,019,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwherman512 View Post
I have to say you are MUCH better moving to Circle C or Meridian! No disrespect to the fine people in Bauerle Ranch, but the differences are major! First off just start with reputation. Circle C is know all around Austin as a GREAT place to live. It is family friendly with bike lanes, trails, shops and very nice schools. Bauerle Ranch has Akins High School- and that is bad news. I live right down the street from Bauerle Ranch so I also have the "Akins" school thing over my head. It is a bad school (just ask APD school officers). Circle C has Bowie. Bowie has a long tradition of being a top notch school in AISD. Then just look at the home you get for the price. My wife and I started looking for a new home earlier this year. We went to Bauerle Ranch, and Meridian. A house in Bauerle Ranch that is $265,000 looks like a home that is $150,000. No tile, no marble tops, etc. Just a fact. Lastly, ask a realtor- I am willing to bet they will say the same things.
I hope the OP chose wisely, and didn't make their decision based on peer pressure and 'reputation' or they will be suffering from negative equity right now.

Around the time of this post (2006-2007), SW Austin was seeing multiple years of 9-13% appreciation *cough*bubble*cough*
with prices in Circle C rising 19% in one year! (2005) *cough*bubble*cough* followed up by declines for the next three years on the magnitude not yet disclosed by real estate professionals.

Since this post 3 years ago, Akins has closed 2/3 of the test gap between itself and Bowie (as of 2010), and will most likely close the gap within the next few years. The quote above is a good example of the unfounded, off-colored defamation that south Austin has been subjected to over the years from SW Austin. PWHerman512 actually lives in Highpointe.

~ note the lack of facts, data, or stats the poster has to prove his point.

ex: "Just ask APD school officers" huh?? (There is no such thing...)

Last edited by jobert; 09-08-2010 at 03:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: