Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,663 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are moving to stainer ranch, austin in next 2 months. We are Looking forward to make some Indian friends. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 PM

7 posts, read 18,789 times
Why do you have to specify that you are looking forward to Indian friends? Why can't you look forward to making friends of any racial background?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,489 times
Hi Guys,
I am currently in Canada and waiting for job offer in Austin. The company location is 9442 Capital of Texas Highway North, Austin, TX 78759. Since it is about a year contract I dont want to move everything from Canada and would want to live as Paying guest in some one's house who can also provide me food. If you are providing paying guest accommodation or know someone doing it please reply me. I will be starting from early beginning of June. btw I am Gujarati and very responsible person.

Thanks

Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 AM

64 posts, read 131,741 times
Easily no doubt the largest Indian population is located in North West Austin. Specifically, but not exclusivically, the Westwood High School zoning area in RRISD. Westwood high school is about 35% Asian. Which includes Indians. I live in Great Hills, a neighborhood that goes to both Westwood and Anderson and though I live in the Anderson area there are tons of Indians but as soon as i cross the school district line it is all Indians. Also Anderson, McNeil, and Vandegrift (the other 3 NW Austin High Schools) all have large Asian populations. Westlake area will also have large Indian populations but it is primarily white kids. But in Austin where there is a high population of of Whites, you will find Indians along with it.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,099 times
can u plz tell me that which is the best indian locality in austin

Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM

155 posts, read 211,493 times
Amit: There is no best Indian locality in Austin. You will find a lot of Indians in neighborhoods with good schools - Great Hills, Circle C, Steiner Ranch for ex. Of course, a lot of Indians who've just moved to Austin rent - you'll find a lot of Indians in the Parmer/Metric area and near Mopac/71 intersection (Monterey Oaks area).

Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 AM

36 posts, read 86,665 times
So steiner ranch and avery ranch have lot of indians ? I am from santa clara CA planning to move to Austin, wondering where most indian community is .. i think it is better to visit and see personally ...

Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 PM

43 posts, read 170,414 times
Default North Austin

hollykick, not true.. their are considerable indians in north austin as well. especially, 10 mile radius of Dell and these neighborhoods would be spread across the cities - round rock and cedar park.

my personal opinion is that steiner ranch and avery ranch have gone unnecessarily expensive because of the California imports. I also being one(moved from SJ) have instead opted for Sendero Springs in Round Rock and am pretty happy with my decision so far... Definitely it wont be like bay area in the concentration of indians in austin and that's what I'm pretty happy about my life in austin. In my neighborhood, there are about 15-20% Indians but others like behrens, ranch @ brushy creek and walsh ranch/trails have much higher %'s(maybe 40'ish).

Old 07-06-2014, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 4,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiacook View Post
I find these "Indian" posts very strange. I understand that English may be a second language for most of these posters but the feeling of deja vu is intense. They/you all seem to be placing an order:
"Hello, I would like to 1 Indian couple to visit with and a side of a house in an area with other Indian families. To go, please."
Why not hang around here and participate in the conversations?
I am Indian and I agree. Its not a language problem, its the attitude.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,944 times
Huh!! We indians after living in US for few years start blaming n criticising every other thing that an indian does or says. Infact some ppl goes to the extent of putting up this fake american accent and even disapproving the fact tht they r indians too. I mean its all about our culture and they way we have been brought up. Start respecting ur own culture dude...n stop criticisin!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin