Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 10,146 times

Advertisements

Scofield Farm,Wells Branch OR Cedar Park??I narrow down my search to this neighborhood on google map.My husband recently start his new job in Samsung Austin..and I'm still in asia waiting for my green card approval that will take 6-8 month...i like scofield farm but my husband prefer cedar park..and will buy a house soon before i experience the real suburban area in Austin Please help me with you comment and suggestion bout the neighborhood..I'm a housewife that love gardening with our 5 years old son...end of the day i'm the one who have to spend most time at home..so it's all about ME.. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
All of those are nice neighborhoods. I would pick the one where you find a house you like the most.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Brenniman View Post
Scofield Farm,Wells Branch OR Cedar Park??I narrow down my search to this neighborhood on google map.My husband recently start his new job in Samsung Austin.. Thanks!!
You're asking about two neighborhoods and a CITY; so we need to find the particular area of Cedar Park you like. Either Scofield Farms or Wells Branch would be about 1/3 of the commute compared to much of Cedar Park(IF hubby's Samsung office is where I'm thinking). Just driving through SF and WB, I've noticed areas that were very nice and some not as appealing. Just depends on which area.

I'm not crazy about the traffic I've encountered on Wells Branch Pkwy.; but, I'm sure the locals know how to avoid it.(maybe?)

We briefly considered both SF and WB until we found Avery Ranch. AR just seemed like a good fit for us...might be another for you to consider .

Good luck! (And keep hubby's commute in mind.)

Old 01-09-2011, 05:59 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,123,590 times
remember RaBC is in Cedar Park so the commute isn't too bad if it is on the east side of Cedar Park. Agreed on the West side though.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 PM

112 posts, read 287,198 times
Scofield and Wells branch are very close to the SAMSUNG. Only problem is with the schools. Best schools in Austin are in Spicewood springs area. "Laurel mountain elementary" is one of the best elementary schools. But housing is very costly in that area

Recently i heard that crime rate near scofield and wells branch slightly went up. So you may need to consider that.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 AM

Thank you so much with all the information..it helps me a lot..Avery R,Spicewood S..any other neighbourhood that i should check out? Thanks!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,982,503 times
Depending on the type of house you're looking for, Milwood might be an option. The houses are older but well built, and it is right off Parmer at McNeil/Anderson Mill area...very convenient to Samsung.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Brenniman View Post
Scofield Farm,Wells Branch OR Cedar Park??I narrow down my search to this neighborhood on google map.My husband recently start his new job in Samsung Austin..and I'm still in asia waiting for my green card approval that will take 6-8 month...i like scofield farm but my husband prefer cedar park..and will buy a house soon before i experience the real suburban area in Austin Please help me with you comment and suggestion bout the neighborhood..I'm a housewife that love gardening with our 5 years old son...end of the day i'm the one who have to spend most time at home..so it's all about ME.. Thanks!!
1- Give an address on Samsung (several locations).

2- What is he/you planning on spending on this house in suburbia?

3 - Is your kid going to be going to school? note - you mention "green card" & Samsung....is he Asian? (Korean?) How well does your 5 y/o son speak English? Is being in a school with a % of other Asians desirable?

4 - Tell him to rent till you get there. (as a man i must say....is your husband nuts?? If my wife didn't have significant imput into the home decision, I'd be setting myself up for years of misery).

5. Check out greatschools.net to get a feel for demographics (& school quality) of LOTS of different areas of town. (not just the one's you mention)

Good luck!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Samsung Blvd..the budget for the house is around 250..Hes white American and i'm Asian..We speak english most of the time..The neighborhood that we are looking for is open minded and not overly religious..with nice landscape..and divers population school prefered..

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 PM

6 posts, read 15,563 times
Assuming that you are in the Round Rock ISD section of Wells Branch, you should be alright. Wells Branch Elementary School has an exemplary rating and the Secondary schools are Recognized. It also is it's own MUD which more or less functions like a city, therefore there are no HOA fees while having a very large amount of amenities in addition to having several restaurants and shops in addition to having direct access to the Light Rail.

Wells Branch also does have a substantial Asian population and as noted earlier is quite close.

Scofield Farms is a really beautiful neighborhood with well built homes and mature landscaping, it also has a recognized neighborhood elementary. That being said, the secondary schools are lacking in comparison to the schools of RRISD Wells Branch and Cedar Park. Scofield is also quite ethnically diverse and there is even a large Asian grocery store at the front entrance to the development.

Cedar Park is probably the safest choice of these, low taxes, larger housing stock, good schools etc... However the commute is much longer and since it is made up of several different neighborhoods it may be a bit more difficult to narrow down a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin