Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 PM

15 posts, read 32,656 times

Advertisements

We are going to be visiting Regents School next week on a trip to Austin to visit neighborhoods and schools. Are there any new construction neighborhoods in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 12:05 PM

101 posts, read 218,071 times
we have friends at regents who live in barton creek. if you are seeing schools you may also want to look at abercorn international as i have two friends who send their kids there and like it a lot. i assume you are already visiting st andrews.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 PM

675 posts, read 1,897,734 times
First off, Regents is a great school. We've had our son there for 2 years now and plan to keep him there and send our other child there as well. It's a fantastic environment and our son is thriving.

In terms of your question, there are some newish homes off Southwest Parkway, in Travis Country West, and there is another neighborhood there off Southwest that I can't quite remember the name of. I think it's all recently built out, but there might still be some lots available. We have friends who live both places and they love their neighborhoods.

Travis Country was started in the 80's but there are homes built as recently as the early 2000's. That's the neighborhood that encircles Regents, and there are many Regents families who live there.

if you're willing to drive a bit further, there's still new construction going on, new homes being built, in Circle C (Alta Mira etc.) and Meridian. I'm sure others can add to the list.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 AM

316 posts, read 874,370 times
Very impressed with Regents School. My two boys got accepted this week, and we are considering buying a house in the immediate neighborhood.

Have driven around the area and was alarmed at the wide gulf between the rich (Regents Hills, Covenant Estates) and the middle class (Republic of Texas Blvd, Travis Country, Travis Green (street)).

i do realize that there could very well be many CEOs or hedge fund managers in there. This is exactly opposite of the egalitarian Austin i had envisioned.

Hoping to get some feedback from folks living in the area and / or with kids at Regents. Thanks..

Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,705,405 times
Yes, there is some new construction in Lantana, but that's really all on Southwest Parkway. Travis Country West is nice and "newer" with homes just a couple of years old. New homes on Bee Caves (2244) if you want to drive through the connecting streets, like Senna Hills.

The homes surrounding Regents is very diverse. Some under $300k and then some well over $1M... Some are regular tract home builders with some being custom built. A wide variety in such a small area.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:31 PM

15 posts, read 32,656 times
Thanks so much. I thought I had posted a reply, but it doesn't seem to be in here.
My oldest won't start school until next fall (fall 2012) and we prefer the Classical curriculum (regents) but - you never know what might happen. So, we're trying to find a neighborhood where we could reasonably get to Regents or maybe LT ISD. I know those seem far apart (trying to stay close to family also), that's why I'm posting here. We're hoping to make the move to Austin this summer.

Any other suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: