Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 02:09 PM

49 posts, read 172,153 times

Advertisements

I would love to know who did this painting on the Austin Pecan Festival web site and if it is for sale. Or, where can I find paintings/poster of the Austin Pecan Festival? I live out of state now.

https://www.oldpecanstreetfestival.com/about/

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but thank you for the link. The painting makes me think of the wonderful small town Austin used to be and the dark looming clouds depict the growth behind the small town. Just my opinion of course.

What a bummer they changed the name of the street from Pecan Street to 6th street!! Whose brainchild was that??? And why?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineflight View Post
I would love to know who did this painting on the Austin Pecan Festival web site and if it is for sale. Or, where can I find paintings/poster of the Austin Pecan Festival? I live out of state now.

Thanks for any help.

Here was the email on that site: contact@oldpecanstreetfestival.com

Maybe you could email them and ask.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but thank you for the link. The painting makes me think of the wonderful small town Austin used to be and the dark looming clouds depict the growth behind the small town. Just my opinion of course.

What a bummer they changed the name of the street from Pecan Street to 6th street!! Whose brainchild was that??? And why?
I don't know, but the east west streets were changed from tree names to numbered streets in 1897. I realize this is way off topic, but trivia about other street names in Austin follows in the link below. If you go to "previous page", there are some really interesting pictures from Austin's past, pictures that I'd never seen.
City of Austin - Austin Treasures: Austin Streets

Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Kinda looks like a painting by the lady that has (had) a gallery on Burnet Rd...she paints a lot of local cityscapes.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 AM

293 posts, read 730,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcat View Post
I don't know, but the east west streets were changed from tree names to numbered streets in 1897. I realize this is way off topic, but trivia about other street names in Austin follows in the link below. If you go to "previous page", there are some really interesting pictures from Austin's past, pictures that I'd never seen.
City of Austin - Austin Treasures: Austin Streets
Thanks for the link, love seeing old pictures like those.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:52 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wineflight View Post

Thanks for any help.
WOW!! You broke the website:

Quote:
Safari can’t open the page “https://www.oldpecanstreetfestival.com/” (broken link) because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “www.oldpecanstreetfestival.com”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin