Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM

67 posts, read 130,937 times

Advertisements

and when did this happen? some of the mls listings in that area still show eanes isd...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 05:15 PM

172 posts, read 410,144 times
i have no idea! it would make since to expand eanes and possibly build another HS. but than again the general area that is (Eanes ISD) is generally considered by most to be (Westlake)

Google Image Result for http://www.austinmodernliving.com/Eanes-ISD-map-large.jpg

also odd as it is. their is a small part a long stratford in westlake that is not zoned for eanes? its got like 20 houses and across the street is eanes, yet their part is AISD? its weird!

im sure those kids could attend westlake- as if i lived right their and was a parent id want to and be sure to see the HS of westlake to make sure i could send my kids there. to live so close to westlake or in the district yet having to send your kids across the highway and lake to way way worse austin high makes no sense.

The kids i have no who live in barton creek area all go to private schools. and at that the area isnt to huge and will not expand much as there is greenbelt preserved and 2 golf courses. not to mention a lot of people who live off (foothills of barton creek) aka escala dr are apparently mostly retired.

but if you think about it and allowed those kids to go to westlake. it couldnt be more than 90 kids or 100. than again Westlake HS is very very big. I am not sure if its over crowded, but i do no a lot of kids in the Eanes district do attend private schools. but as to if westlake HS it self is overcrowded i am not sure. and i think it would be up to Eanes parents as if they wanted another HS built

Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,050,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathpenalty03 View Post
i have no idea! it would make since to expand eanes and possibly build another HS. but than again the general area that is (Eanes ISD) is generally considered by most to be (Westlake)

Google Image Result for http://www.austinmodernliving.com/Eanes-ISD-map-large.jpg

also odd as it is. their is a small part a long stratford in westlake that is not zoned for eanes? its got like 20 houses and across the street is eanes, yet their part is AISD? its weird!

im sure those kids could attend westlake- as if i lived right their and was a parent id want to and be sure to see the HS of westlake to make sure i could send my kids there. to live so close to westlake or in the district yet having to send your kids across the highway and lake to way way worse austin high makes no sense.

The kids i have no who live in barton creek area all go to private schools. and at that the area isnt to huge and will not expand much as there is greenbelt preserved and 2 golf courses. not to mention a lot of people who live off (foothills of barton creek) aka escala dr are apparently mostly retired.

but if you think about it and allowed those kids to go to westlake. it couldnt be more than 90 kids or 100. than again Westlake HS is very very big. I am not sure if its over crowded, but i do no a lot of kids in the Eanes district do attend private schools. but as to if westlake HS it self is overcrowded i am not sure. and i think it would be up to Eanes parents as if they wanted another HS built
What do you not understand about boundaries? The boundaries for a school district are distinct. They are not kinda-boundaries or otherwise fuzzy. A community that wants to be included in a particular school district must file with a school district, who can choose to accept or not, which then requires legal action with the taxing authority (Travis County).

It is not something that Eanes can just decide to do because someone thinks it is a good idea.

Your first statement about high schools.....Building a high school costs about $100M today. A school district must issue bonds to borrow the money - all of which requires a legal vote by the citizens, bound by election law.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,258,188 times
What is Eanes ISD? Is that in Austin or outside the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
What do you not understand about boundaries? The boundaries for a school district are distinct. They are not kinda-boundaries or otherwise fuzzy. A community that wants to be included in a particular school district must file with a school district, who can choose to accept or not, which then requires legal action with the taxing authority (Travis County).

It is not something that Eanes can just decide to do because someone thinks it is a good idea.

Your first statement about high schools.....Building a high school costs about $100M today. A school district must issue bonds to borrow the money - all of which requires a legal vote by the citizens, bound by election law.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM

228 posts, read 535,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
What is Eanes ISD? Is that in Austin or outside the city?
Let me google that for you

Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM

31 posts, read 85,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2029 View Post
and when did this happen? some of the mls listings in that area still show eanes isd...
Barton Creek West is located in the Eanes ISD. Maybe that is why you're picking up some mls listings that indicate Barton Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: