Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times

Advertisements

A good way to speed things up would be to take down the stop light at Pascal Lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 06:43 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,267,649 times
Austin was only one of 5 cities to get the Volt, and Leaf? Well does that mean it was also one of the top 5 cities to get the Hummer, Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, and every imaginable type of gas guzzling pickup known to man? I'm so glad that it's only a mirage and Austin really does only have fuel efficient vehicles driving around

Did you goto your local strip mall yet? How many hybrid cars do we see versus gas guzzlers???? hmmmm, but of course, I have no proof, so i must be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
If only you would cite some data to back you up. Just because YOU have been saying it doesn't mean a thing.That data is not publicly available as far as I know. Austin's status as one of just five cities to get the Volt, and one of early Nissan Leaf cities says otherwise. And since Austin is not on the dirty air lists while many cities, smaller and larger are, in spite of your claims of pollution, your claims are simply not credible.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
Austin was only one of 5 cities to get the Volt, and Leaf? Well does that mean it was also one of the top 5 cities to get the Hummer, Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, and every imaginable type of gas guzzling pickup known to man? I'm so glad that it's only a mirage and Austin really does only have fuel efficient vehicles driving around

Did you goto your local strip mall yet? How many hybrid cars do we see versus gas guzzlers???? hmmmm, but of course, I have no proof, so i must be wrong.
Hmmm....as you know the big SUVs were sold everywhere. So why are you asking? As for hybrids, are you really so blind that you don't see them everywhere in Austin?

Oh and the Hummer dealer went out of business two years ago?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,311 times
Quote:

OMG, Dr. Eepstein, what is wrong with some people?! I think it's pretty obvious to everyone who has ever left Austin, but could you please explain to those people who are ignorant trashy hillbillies exactly how looking at their local strip mall will provide concrete proof that Austin has the highest number of gas-guzzling vehicles per capita of any mid to large metro area in the nation? I mean, the smart transportation statisticians like you understand the direct relationship that makes it a FACT, but I guess others are just full of Austitude. So when they ask you how you know that Austin has the highest number of gas-guzzling vehicles per capita of any mid to large metro area in the nation and you tell them to look in a local parking lot, how can they not understand that proof?! Why don't they all just OPEN THEIR EYES?????!!!!! I mean, , right?

Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 AM

554 posts, read 1,060,730 times
I heard that the city has a control room of videos monitoring traffic lights, where they can alter the signal if need be. Maybe it was a joke.....lol

I hated driving on 360 because I was always so afraid the light I was approaching at 60mph would turn yellow at the split second where I would have to slam my brakes on. Such stress.

I love biking on 360, except for the exhuast and on/off ramps. It's so fast, it's like you are free to MOVE, compared to riding the city streets. It's a blast going into the iron bridge at 50mph

Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:

Ok well you are wrong

Here is a site that shows CO2 impact (metric tons/month) per household for cities around the US

transportation costs made transparent
America's Biggest (And Least) Gas-Guzzling Cities - Forbes

Austin -.19
Houston .19
San antonio .17
Dallas .45
nashville .24
atlanta .36
charlotte .34
Raleigh .45
Portland .18

chicago .21
NYC .29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin